Thursday, August 26, 2010

Holiday Mini Sneak Peek

A very Retro Christmas.  If you are old enough, you may remember when this was a popular color for Christmas; as well as for the color of the living room walls.  Our 60's living room was mint and pink!  Not my choice of color!
I used the new Waffle paper in the silver tone.  This is a cool product in that you can dry emboss it, sponge on it, and punch shapes it.  You need to put it on top of a sheet of copy paper first.
I used the Northern Flurries (NEW) Impression folder, then sponged over the snowflakes with the dye ink.  I let them sit as I finished the punched snowflakes. 
After the ink dried, it did not rub off.

The brad in the center of the snowflake is a Glimmer Brad.  I ordered the Brights Collection.  They come in 4 varieties.  The scallop edging is created using the NEW Tasteful Trim BigZ XL die.  It is one of 4 designs on the die.  The phrase is from Bright Christmas.  A set of 3 Christmas sayings I will be featuring in the blog hop which starts Friday at noon!

Don't forget to come back over the weekend! 
There will lots of great ideas to share with you.

Happy Stamping!

2 comments:

Sally said...

I do remember these colors but mostly the background reminds me of the silver aluminum trees... LOL

Heidi Baks said...

Very cool, Kim! Love your blog background too!!

01 09 10 view sourceprint?01 09 10 01 09 10 01 09 10