Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Holiday Blog Hop how tos

Well the automatic post doesn't work, if you don't put the right date in! 
Sorry about that.  Thanks Maria for emailing me.


To see how to make the Candy Wrapper BigZ die longer, I'm going to send you to my downline's blog as she has a great post about it.  She and I played with it one day to see if we could make a longer one.

Barb's Blog

It is so easy to make the Victorian Cracker. 


I start with 1/2 a paper towel tube.
Cover that with cardstock.
Wrap a 3" wide piece of designer paper around that.  I edged mine with the Scallop edge punch.
Inside each of the tube ends I attached the new gold Waffle Paper.  I used Sticky Strip on one edge of the 2" x 8"  strip of Waffle Paper.   This is what holds it inside the tube.  Scrunch it up a bit as you go to ruffle it.
Then I wrap the goodies in a double layer of 10" x 10" tissue paper. 
Make sure the goodies will fit inside your tube.
Tie the ends with ribbon and slide inside your tube.
I decorated the tube with 2 of the snowflake punches, a Glimmer Brad, and a hand cut banner from the Bright Christmas stamp set.  For the banner, I dragged the Crumb Cake pad across Vanilla CS and sponged the edges of the banner with Cherry Cobbler.


The Pink Retro Cones are just 1/2 of a 8" circle twisted around on itself to make the size cone I wanted.  I like when it is layered as it makes for a sturdier cone.  Try it with copy paper fist to see what size cone you want.  I then decorated using the Sticky Strip and Glass Glitter.  To insert the dangles, I snip just the tiniest tip off.  I used wire to hang these then taped that to the inside of the cone.

Happy stamping! 
I'm photographing cards from the 2 large swaps I just did. 
I'll be getting those uploaded soon.

1 comment:

LisaBee said...

Love how you hit on 3 different themes, they were all wonderful. Thanks for sharing the tips as well. : )

01 09 10 view sourceprint?01 09 10 01 09 10 01 09 10