Monday, August 16, 2010

Glitter Window Card

Here is a card we did in
technique class this month.

The glitter window is created by punching an opening in a 2.5" x 2.75" piece of cardstock. You can use any punch.  I punch a post it (Include the sticky section in your punched shape.)  Then place that where I want to punch my opening.  It is then lined up on my cardstock piece.


On the back side cover the opening with a section of sticky sheet (Clear packing tape can be used, if it is wider than the opening.) Careful not to stick the sticky sheet that shows through the opening to anything. I use the sheets from the stickers that come with our stamp sets underneath.  they allow the tape to release from it, without damage.
Here is a sample with packing tape.

Flip it over and pour Dazzling Diamonds onto sticky side. 
Spread around.  Tap excess back into jar.

I stamped the reindeer (Soft Suede) and snowflake (Bashful Blue - stamped off once) from Winter Post.  Place the glitter window (right side up) over the stamped image and glue together.

To create the punched edge see Gretchen Barron's blog.  I managed to do it but it isn't my favorite technique!  lol  You could also just punch the four corners.
*****************************************
For the tone on tone background piece we dry embossed the red cardstock.  To do this, I punched and glued 3 snowflakes together for each spot.  I then glued them to a base piece 5" x 6".  I ran this through the Big Shot as we do a Texture plate.  The image is indented.

Here is the reindeer option from class.  It is just laid over the other card.

Enjoy!  I hope you have fun
making your own glitter window cards! 

Happy Stamping!

2 comments:

LisaBee said...

Lovely! Can't wait to try the dry emboss background myself.

Missi said...

So pretty! I can't believe I still haven't tried making a glitter window. Your cards are inspiring me to try one!

01 09 10 view sourceprint?01 09 10 01 09 10 01 09 10