Friday, August 20, 2010

Emboss Resist Butterfly Diecuts

A cool vintage look.

I made this card for a swap I sent to a friend for a swap at convention.  
We also did this card for technique class this month. 
Die cut butterflies out of glossy paper. 
Emboss the swirls from Baroque Motifs on them with white embossing powder. 
Using sponges rub the colors onto the butterfly.  Work quickly, so the colors blend together to create even more colors in the overlap areas.  (See the purple.) 
I used Classic Marina Mist, So Saffron and Cherry Cobbler inks.
Insert 2 brads in each butterfly for the body.

The card base is wheeled with black.  I inked the wheel on the pad.  
Then ran it once across a 6" piece of scrap.  Then ran it across the So Saffron base.  You could use Basic Gray but I want the black tone for the ink.

Finish by sliding a Very Vanilla slider onto the Black Satin ribbon
and attaching all to a black card base. 

Happy Stamping!

1 comment:

Missi said...

Kim - I love this card!! The colors are wonderful. I like the new look of your blog too!

01 09 10 view sourceprint?01 09 10 01 09 10 01 09 10