Monday, August 2, 2010

Blog Hop - Cupcake Kit


As I posted, I have previously made these for a
3D swap at Regionals in 2009.  I also did a class for them last summer.  They are not hard to make, just a lot of parts!  Here is that post.

The original idea came from Nicole Heady.
I altered it a bit using the Jiffy mixes as I didn't want the frosting a separate item.  It's just a matter of adjusting the height of the wrapper around the 2 mixes.
I dyed White Satin Ribbon with Razzleberry Reinker.  (Use 5 drops of water to 1 drop of ink.)  It took quite a bit of mix to get the depth of color I wanted. 


The cupcake picks are packaged in a vellum envelope I made and decorated.  I used layered circles and brads on the back so I could tie it shut. Short Popsicle sticks are the actual pick part.  Sticky Strip is used to attach the same designs front and back to these.  Melon Mambo is sponged around the edged.  I tied my last scrap of Daffodil Delight 1/8" ribbon on the top pick!  Each one should have a ribbon.

Side view

Happy Stamping!

2 comments:

LisaBee said...

Thanks Kim! This is an incredible project. Who doesn't love cupcakes!

lisa808 said...

Love how you added the 'cupcake' picks. Great idea to go along with a fabulous project.

01 09 10 view sourceprint?01 09 10 01 09 10 01 09 10