Saturday, June 26, 2010

Hi all!
Sorry I haven't been posting, we had to put Lacey (our chocolate lab mix) down last Friday. She was 13 yr old and her health started to fail fast.  She stopped eating and was sleeping 90% of the time. I have had to stay busy or sit and cry. We knew she wouldn't make it through another winter, but she faded away so fast in 3 weeks.  This is her, the 1st week we got her.  She was 6 months old.  We couldn't have asked for a better furry friend.

So to stay busy I have been working on the yard.  It exhausts me so I sleep.  Here is in front of the house.  I spent 20 hours raking lava rock out of this small area, 5' x 9'.  I have to paint the foundation area yet.  It's suppose to be clear and dry after Sunday, at least for a few days.  I can do that, then finish the mulching.  The porch is a whole different problem.  It needs replacing.


This is about 1/2 the back fence.  It is 90 feet of flower bed.  Not much blooming now.  Next year there should be lots of color.

These are the 2 ovals through the window screen.  The first has an trellis I created in it.  It should be covered in Trumpet Vine by now but the rabbits keep eating the vine.  The metal stuff closer to the window is the gazebo frame.  Today I spent 3 hours putting rabbit proof fencing on all parts of the fence.  Even the driveway gate.  Love the bunnies, so cute and furry.  Only thing is they are eating the blooms off anything blooming before they open!

The only safe thing has been this planter on the side porch.

Gazanias - Aren't they pretty?  They only open with the sun. 
I love the different colors.


Well tomorrow I have time set to stamp.  I also need to get the samples done for the July classes.  It's definitely time to get inky again.

Happy Stamping!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thoughts & prayers go out to you at this time of loss. The memories of your four-legged friend will be a part of your heart always.

I had a cocker spaniel mix that lived for 16 years & a seal point siamese cat for 17 years. I never thought I would be able to let another pet come into my life. But after half a year I was able to start looking again. Now I have 2 spunky 4 1/2 year old French Bulldog-Boston Terrier litter mate boys who have kept me hopping since they were puppies.

There's nothing like the unconditional love our pets give to us.

Keep your memories close in your heart & know that you will get through this difficult time.

Sincerest sympathies,
Ann
atutje3@sbcglobal.net

lisa808 said...

So sorry for your loss.

Cindy said...

Kim, I'm so sorry, I know very well the emptiness you are feeling. (((Hugs))) We still haven't been able to bring ourselves to get another dog after Bear crossed the Rainbow Bridge 4 years ago. He was the best.

Anonymous said...

I am fairly new to your blog and love your creations. I just wanted to take a quick minute to say how sorry I was to hear about your fur baby. I have a large black lab mix (Murphy 130 lbs) who has been having lots of problems at at 11 1/2 I know his time will be coming. It is so hard. I hope and pray I won't have to make the decision when the time comes. With our other two we didn't. Maggie was 17 and George was 11. Hope the healing process is quick and smooth. Your photo was adorable.

Chris R. from Iowa

ckrobinson01@hotmail.com

Kathy said...

Oh Kim! I'm so sorry. Lots of hugs! Thanks for posting pics of your yard - it's so beautiful!

Vicky said...

Kim, so sorry to hear about Lacey. I'm glad you have fond memories of her. It's very hard to loose a friend.
Vicky

Kim said...

Thank you everyone for your kind words. I didn't realize how much my day focused on her, with all her health issues. It gets a little easier eveyday.

LisaBee said...

Thinking of you Kim as you transition without your Lacey girl.

The yard looks great! I can see all the hours of work you put into it!

Anonymous said...

Hey,

Thanks for sharing the link - but unfortunately it seems to be down? Does anybody here at stitchinnstampinonpaper.blogspot.com have a mirror or another source?


Thanks,
Charlie

01 09 10 view sourceprint?01 09 10 01 09 10 01 09 10