Friday, June 18, 2010

Cards for Guys

This month's card class was about making cards for the guys in your life.  It was also a month for inspiration from others.  I thank everyone for sharing their ideas.  I don't know what I'd do for ideas when things get so hectic I don't feel creative.

My upline Sandy gave me a card made in this style with a travel set.  It was very cool ( I can't show it I gave it to someone who really wanted it for their Dad!) but I didn't have that set.  I looked through my sets and came across Totally Tool.  It works!  The word Dad on the front was inspired by a card I saw while browsing online.


Open - You also need to stamp the grid (We used the Calendar stamp.) and tools on the back of the expanding section. They show when you open the card.  The pocket was run through the Big Shot using the Square Lattice impressions folder.  It was then smoothed out some with the bone folder.  I used the horizontal punch (retiring June 30th) to create the holes for the belt.  The hammer is cut out and hanging lose on the belt.

*****
This card was inspired by a card Linda Creech shared on the SU demo website, Stampin' Connections.  A great resource for demonstrators, so many ideas, tutorials, training info and swapping!  The metal effect is actually foil from the kitchen.  It is glued to cardstock and run through the Big Shot using the texture plates.

*****
I had intended to do a winged card for the Fourth of July.  (Both sides open up to reveal the message.)  Only it would not turn out as I wanted it to, so, I scraped it and made this card.  This card can be used as an invitation or just for good wishes.  It was inspired by a card Melanie Schulenberg did for a blog hop back in May.  She is a true artist with paper and ink.

*****
These fun items were inspired by a swap I got back in April, at the SU Regional event in Milwaukee.  Every year SU holds small training events around the country and a big convention in July.  They are so much fun!  We learn so many new things to help our business.

These are gift card holders.  They can be used for graduation, weddings, retirement, birthdays.  Just about any event.  The pockets inside hold a gift card and a place to write a note.

This summery look is achieved using the Island Oasis Designer Series Paper from the Summer Mini.

I used the retired Night & Day paper for the black & white gift card holder.


I turned the card holder into a mini album by just adding a few things.  I am working on a tutorial for them and will get that up in the next week.
*******************************************************
If you'd like to get a great discount on your stamping supplies,
be able to attend the fun events SU holds, and see what else
is on the demo website, you can join my team right now
for just $99, valued at over $180!  What a deal!!!

$99 Starter Kit Promotion
Whether you just love to craft, or you want to grow a successful, thriving business, Stampin' Up! is a great opportunity for you. And from June 1-30, 2010, you can start your own Stampin' Up! business for just $99 with the special Mini Starter Kit!

The Mini Starter Kit--valued at over $180--contains the items listed below; while all items are recommended,
you can substitute a like item of equal or lesser value.
•Watercolor Trio stamp set (wood-mount)
•I {Heart} Hearts stamp set (clear-mount)
•Clear-Mount Block C
•Homemade single stamp*
•Whisper White card stock (8-1/2" x 11")
•Brights Collection assorted card stock (8-1/2" x 11")*
•Melon Mambo Classic Stampin' Pad
•Daffodil Delight Classic Stampin' Pad*
•Rich Razzleberry Classic Stampin' Pad
•Tempting Turquoise Classic Stampin' Pad
•Basic Black 1/8" taffeta ribbon*
•Color Coach*
•SNAIL Adhesive
*Sneak peek items!

The Mini Starter Kit also includes the same business supplies that are in the standard Starter Kit (please note: no alternative selections can be made for business items).
Contents are listed below:
•Getting Started DVD
•Getting Started Guide
•Guest Invitation Postcards (100)
•2009-2010 Idea Book & Catalog (8)*
•Summer Mini Catalog (8)
•To My Hostess Envelopes (10)
•Recruit Folders (5)
•Recruit Brochures (20)
•Hostess Brochures (20)
*New demonstrator who join Stampin' Up! in June, you will receive
a free box of 2010-2011 Idea Book and Catalogs during the first part of July.

Click here to join my team.  Use kimstamps4fun as the password
when signing up.  Don't miss out, this special ends June 30th.

 Happy Stamping!
                       Kim

No comments:

01 09 10 view sourceprint?01 09 10 01 09 10 01 09 10