Friday, April 30, 2010

Summer Mini Blog Tour

The blog tour officially starts at noon April 30th.
 Some sites may not be up yet.


Here we are, holding another great blog tour by Stampin' Addicts members! We are each featuring a different NEW product from the Summer Mini Catalog that is available to order starting May 1st. Check out the great samples! You will want to purchase all the new products SU is coming out with!

If you are traveling forward in the blog tour you just came from Sarah's blog Sarah's Ink Spot Blog. Don't you just love what she did with the Bouquet Bunch stamp set?  So cute!

*****
I am using the stamp set A Little Bit of Magic.  This is a great set to use for the spotlighting technique. If you don't like to color, you only need to color a small section of the image. I did spotlight shapes with 2 different pairs of punches. You can also cut the squares with a paper cutter.

I used water color paper for the square spotlight card. I then used aquapainters and watercolor crayons to color the card. I washed the background with a very thinned crayon and water wash.
On the circle spotlight card I used Whisper White cardstock. I used markers to color the image and went over the coloring with a blender pen to soften it. Work carefully, as the paper starts to break down if you go over too many times!

*****


This is a great card for a mom who likes gardening. I did Faux Silk using tissue paper for the background on the image circle. I first colored the cardstock with the Spritzer tool. Then crumpled and glued the tissue on. I die cut the shapes with Circles #2 and Scallop #2.  I then stamped the image onto the circle with Soft Suede. I did direct to paper for the edges with Soft Suede. Then using the Blender pen with reinkers I colored the image. The greeting is from Teeny Tiny Wishes.


The last project is a fun card for a dear friend. I used the Medallion stamp on the outside to make it look like an engraved locket. All the circle shapes were cut with the Circle Scissors before stamping or assembling.

Inside I layered the circles, to make the stamped image pop. The Whisper White behind the garden fairy is embossed with the NEW Square Lattice Impressions Folder. I used parts or all of the tab punches to create the hinge effect. The image is colored using a blender pen and watercolor crayons.


I hope you are enjoying the samples.  Next on the blog tour
 is Trina's blog - Stamps and Whiskers -  She will be showing
you ideas for the set Sentimental Journey. 
Check out her scrapbook pages!


Check back Monday, for a blog candy giveaway
and a peek at what I've been doing with my Big Shot and dies.

Your Summer Mini Catalog should have arrived already!
If not, contact your demo so she can get you your own copy. Until then, start here at noon on the 30th and enjoy the circular 23 blog Stampin' Addicts tour until midnight on Sunday the 2nd,
and start your wish lists!

Happy Stamping!


32 comments :

Sarah said...

LOVE your projects Kim - and now I HAVE to have that gorgeous set - my girls will love it :-)

HeathersHobby said...

How cute! I love how you used so many different techniques.

Cindy said...

Oh my gosh, that "locket" is adorable!

Cindy said...

Oops, forgot to say your coloring is superb, too!

Barbara Welch said...

Kim your projects are awesome. Love your showcasing of so many different techniques.

Lora Oliver said...

Wow, these are lovely. TFS!

Melissa said...

Great projects, Kim! I especially adore the "locket" card! Fabulous!

Anonymous said...

These creative projects are great. Love browsing the blog hop
Jill
stamperjf@comcast.net

RhondaG -the stampin' bunny said...

Wow Kim! Gorgeous work with this set! So lovely!!! Wonderful techniques too!!!

mauistamper said...

Kim, as always you've done a beautiful job. Your projects capture the whimsical nature of these stamps perfectly!

Anne

MaryR said...

you are always so creative - love your projects and love the locket card

Michelle said...

That last card is very creative!

Lisa N said...

Great ideas! I really liked this set.

Debadoo said...

Great projects!! Love the locket card, and also the spotlight one. They're all great though.
Deb B.

WebDeb said...

These projects are precious -- your "locket" card is a terrific idea!

Amy said...

Just gorgeous! I was hoping I might not need this set, but . . .

Holly/catrules said...

Kim great cards! I love the last one great idea!

Holly / InkPaperStamps said...

Kim, you are so right--this set was made for spotlighting!

And your locket card is jaw-droppingly AWESOME.

THanks for these fantastic projects!

Sara Mattson-Blume said...

The medallion card is precious! I love the spotlighting--perfect for fairies!

Yapha said...

Beautiful projects! I love the square spotlight card, I've never seen it done like that before!

mitz said...

I would say that ** touch of magic * worked.. Presto... great projects.. WTG..
( mitz_zee@yahoodotcom)

Carmen said...

How fun!! love each and everyone of them!

Kandi said...

Love your Medallion "locket". I just got the circle scissors - can't wait to try it out.

Sharon Field / Created By You said...

Love the spotlighted fairy technique... very smart! Thanks for all your wonderful project shares!

Elsa L said...

You have amazing projects. Thanks for sharing. I am looking forward to monday to see what you have in store for us with your Big Shot.

Trina Caraway said...

A locket! Very creative.

Allison said...

So pretty! The locket card is wonderful!

Tinkerin In Ink said...

As usual, you have wowed me! Beautiful projects and a great variety!

Twila said...

Kim, what great projects. Love the soft feel they have to them.

Kathy Mc said...

Awesome job on everything but your "locket" is adorable and such a special gift. Thanks for sharing!

Lisa Young said...

Kim the locket card is just fabulous - so creative! All of your projects are so well done and so pretty!

Missi said...

Kim - as usual your projects are beautiful and so creative!! I love them all!!

01 09 10