Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Workshop Projects

I had a workshop this past weekend. Such a fun group of gals, we had a great time.  I think I overwhelmed them a bit with all the samples I brought along.  It was hard to pick and choose what to bring to show and share.  Amy was a wonderful hostess. 
It was a fun way to spend part of a Saturday.

We made a card using Upsy Daisy and the Faux Silk technique.  Very easy, and a real wow factor on a card.  We stamped the flowers in YoYo Yellow then using the Only Orange marker we highlighted the edges of the flowers.  Using the Mellow Moss marker we colored the stems, then huff and stamp on the tissue. 
To learn how to do the rest of the card, come to my technique class in June where will be doing faux for everything,
but the chocolate!


The second project was a 3D treat.  Using the Two Tags die
I diecut the larger tag.  We scored an extra fold line for the
bottom to fit the candy bar iniside.

We then wrapped the ribbon around feeding that thorough the slot and small hole in the tag to hold the ribbon in place.  We stamped and punched the front pieces.  They are stuck down with sticky strip to hold the ribbon to the front of the tag. 
A pony bead holds the ribbon together. 
To thread through the pony bead, snip your ribbon ends
at an extreme angle to feed them through the hole.  Then trim the ends to remove any fraying.

Side view.
If you'd like to make fun projects like this. 
Contact me to book a workshop. 
Introduce your friends to a great hobby.

Happy Stamping!

2 comments:

Renee said...

once again very cute! love the project and the card. One of my favorite stamps :) blessings, Renee

Vicky said...

I love the faux silk card, I haven't tried that yet. Like how you used the tags die too! TFA
Vicky

01 09 10 view sourceprint?01 09 10 01 09 10 01 09 10