Saturday, March 20, 2010

It's officially spring!

To celebrate the first day of spring I made some faux homes for the returning birds.  Now I just need some faux birds to migrate north.  lol

These are set in pails using floral foam and lots of hot glue!  I did a glitter window effect on the pink birdhouse pail for the cut out heart.  All the pails have this heart cut out.  I was going to make 3 identical items but my creativity got away from me.  I just covered over the glitter window on the other pails with the circle punch outs.

The faux birdhouse sits on a wooden dowel.  I rubbed the Green Galore ink pad over the dowels to get the color.  Each birdhouse is made using Stampin' Up's exclusive Milk Carton die.  there is a piece of floral foam inside each house.  Right now the houses can slide off for travel, they are going with me to an event for table centerpieces.

I used the Little Leaves Sizzlet to create the look of vines on the house.  The roof edges are the Scallop Border punch.

For the pink birdhouse, I have an invasion of butterflies.  I used the vine from Vintage Vogue to stamp around all the sides. I embossed the dots with the Perfect Polka Dots Impressions folder.  I punched strips with the Scallop Border punch and sponged Soft Suede onto the edges.



I went for the look of cedar siding by punching strips with the Scallop Border punch and sponging them.  The roof is suppose to resemble tin roofing.  I punched the edge witht he Eyelet punch , then ran the Sahara Sand through the crimper and then sponged it.

If you are attending the Milwaukee Regionals, you will be able to see them there.   They are for the tables the SA members will be sitting at.  These were inspired by a creation by Tiffany Bauer.  Sorry the pictures are dark.  I took these on a grey day and one of my spotlights died. 
Happy Stamping!

4 comments:

Anne said...

Kim, these are fantastic!! You need to bottle your mojo and sell it - you could retire!!

Love these birdhouses. Dang. I have been trying to resist that die. Double Dang.

Missi said...

Kim - What cute bird houses. You're going to make me need this die, aren't you?!

Cherie said...

OMG! These are just too darn cute! Wish I had your mojo! :)

lisa808 said...

They are so cute! Love the 'for rent' sign.

01 09 10 view sourceprint?01 09 10 01 09 10 01 09 10