Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Gifts for Club

As we wrap up this round of club I wanted to give the gals something really cool for this month.  After racking my brains I decided on these.  They are made with soft aluminum sheeting .005 thick 36 gauge.  It comes rolled in a tube.  It is so easy to cut this with the Flower Fold die.  I think it even sharpened my die.  I have been cutting a lot of fabric and it seemed to be getting dull.

Did you know you can sharpen your punches by punching soda cans?  Cut the top and bottom off, then punch 5-8 times with your punch.  This technique should sharpen your punch.

Close up to see the texture created by running the flower shapes through the Big Shot with the SU Texture plates.



I made the boxes from scratch as none of my die cut boxes were big enough. I used the M and S die to create a window.  I covered that from the inside with a piece of window sheet.  The stamp image is from A Flower For all Seasons, one of the sets you can get free during Sale A Bration which ends March 31st. 


You can also use these with the new mini battery candles.

Happy stamping!

3 comments:

Anne said...

Love these - they are a great gift! And your boxes are gorgeous - I forget that I can use the M&S die for boxes. Thanks for the reminder :)

Missi said...

Kim - I love how you used the texture plates on the sheeting. Really cute project! The boxes are great too!

Renee said...

Kim, this is my first time visiting your blog, and These tin foil candles are just adorable, what a neat idea!! thanks for sharing. Blessings. Renee

01 09 10 view sourceprint?01 09 10 01 09 10 01 09 10