Monday, February 15, 2010

Whoooo, lol!

A flock of birds for the Big Shot fabric swap!
Owl pincushions created with die cuts using the Big Shot Pennant Die #113483. I cut 2 triangles with the 1/2 the length of the longer pennant shape. Sewed along the edges, then stuffed. After sewing the bottom shut I sewed across the corners to create a base.  The beak is part of a strip cut with the pennant shape. The wings are the scallop circles cut in half. I used Heat n Bond, hot glue, and sewing to create these.
This die could be used to create triangle bean bags.  Die cut, sew, fill, and toss!

Happy Creating!

4 comments:

Cindy said...

Oh my heck, these are so darn cute!!! You have added to my ever-growing "existing order" in OEX. :P

Anonymous said...

These are the cutest "crows" I've ever seen...sorry, I just don't see owls LOL...but they are VERY adorable and would make a great decorating item or fall party centerpiece.

Jean Fitch from jlfstudio said...

Ya know I know you said owls but I keep seeing crows in these little cuties! Can't wait to make some for my fall events.

Linda said...

These are very clever. Makes me want to get out my sewing machine and put it next to my Big Shot!

01 09 10 view sourceprint?01 09 10 01 09 10 01 09 10