Thursday, February 4, 2010

Top Note Pincushion

Any season but winter!  lol
I created these pin cushions out of a patchwork sweater. 

I die cut the top note shapes (one layer at a time), then sewed them together with my sewing machine. I handstitched around the edges (over the top of the machine sewing) and down the center of the leaves with embroidery yarn.  I die cut the leaves from Wool Felt with the Big Shot. 


Close up view
Very easy to make!

Leaves #2 Originals Die  #113459  $15.95
Top Note Stampin' Up! Bigz Die  #113463   $21.95


 
Happy creating!

3 comments:

Anne said...

Fantastic! Love that wool felt texture. Do you have a local source for the felt or do you order it? My local fabric store doesn't stock it - not enough call for it with such a small population - and I detest that "craft" felt. I call it something else that begins with c-r-a!!

Kim said...

I get my felt from the local Joann's. Plenty of call for it in this cold climate. :) I'm sure they carry it online.

LisaBee said...

wool felt...off to find me some! Darling project and great recycling use of the sweater. Hey, maybe I should clean out the closets...

01 09 10 view sourceprint?01 09 10 01 09 10 01 09 10