Saturday, February 20, 2010

Teddy Bear Birthday



Happy Birthday Stampin' Addicts!
We’re celebrating by showing you all kinds of birthday ideas! This is stop 16 on the blog hop. If you’re following the hop in order, you just left Carmen's blog Stamping Addiction where you saw her great ideas for a boy's birthday celebration!
The theme for my stop is Teddy Bear Birthday using the Build A Bear items which are new to Stampin' Up as of Fall 2009.  The first is a collage of photos of the goodies for decorating the table and place settings. 

I wheeled the paws on the napkins.  What child used a napkin?  Our inks can be eaten so I'm not worried.  The plates are stamped around the edges with images from the Seal of Pawthenticity set.

I did die cuts for the Cupcake wrappers and picks. (I used straws as they are child safe.)  I used the same on the  party horns and drinking straws.  I put Teddy Bear Cookies in a cute flower punched holder.  The Mini Milk Cartons are filled with sour Gummi Bears.  I love the Stampin' Up! dies.  They make creating a party so easy!


Treat bags for boys and girls. 
I stamped on the bags using Black Stazon ink.  The paddle balls I traced and covered with Creamy Caramel cardstock and a scallop circle.  I repierced the hole and tied the ball back on after covering them.  The Build A Bears are magnets for the kids to put on their fridge when they get home.  I'd do a picture with the birthday child, to print and send home at the end of the party.  Maybe you'll have a teen to do this for you.  Don't leave kids and cake unsupervised!  LOL
The giant ring, above, and the teddy with the love heart, below, were after Valentine's Day sale items.  The bear is a Pez container.  Also a little wipe and draw party favor.  Candy and Bit O' Honey, because bears love honey.


Lastly something to wrap up that great present in.  I even wheeled the paws across the tissue paper.  I figured out how to do the corners and the straight edge scallop punches!!!  I did tear one scallop but hid it with the birthday phrase.  The To/From tag is the 2 Tag die.  Love how it folds up to make a shorter tag.


I hope you enjoyed the Teddy Bear party. 
Come back Monday to see close ups of the items
and maybe a few more ideas!


Don't forget to stop by and check out
the Stamp Jam at Stampin' Addicts ths weekemd.

Next up, is Lisa at Stampin' My Life Away
who is creating cool birthday projects
using the Vintage Vogue and Vintage Labels sets.

Click HERE to see her wonderful creations!

Happy Stamping!

27 comments:

Ellie said...

OH MY GOSH!!! HOW FUN are these!!! I love it.. (esp that cupcake! lol) LOVE IT ALL! Kim you ROCK :)

MaryR said...

Kim, you are the creative bomb! These are such great projects and the creativity is amazing! love it

Allison said...

Too cute!! I love those treat bags and all the goodies inside. Great party ideas!

Krystal (skdeleeuw) said...

Oh my! I'm so lovin' your table decorations. Too cute! Fabulous job on all your projects!!

Carmen said...

That cupcake looks sooo good! But the projects are even better!! Super cute!!

Missi said...

Kim - you are so creative! I can't believe all the fun stuff you've put together for this ensemble. I love it!

Marie said...

These are all so fun!! Great job!

Jen Timko said...

Such an amazing group of projects! What a fantastic party!

Holly/catrules said...

Oh my gosh you knocked it out of the park!! Awesome!! They are soo cute all of them! I am stealing your bag idea for my kiddos they would love these!

Cindy said...

Wow, you really know how to make the party guests feel special! The BAB magnets are a really cute idea, and using straws instead of picks is good thinking!

Kandi said...

So stinkin cute! That's some great mommy thinking to use straws for picks!

WebDeb said...

Clearly, I do not know how to give a party! You outdid yourself!

Trina Caraway said...

Mmmmm, chocolate! All the bear party items are just too cute.

Yapha said...

These are fantastic! Those cupcakes with the toppers and holders are almost too good to eat! I love the treat bags and their contents!

RhondaG -the stampin' bunny said...

Amazing cuteness Kim! Love it!!! Everything is SO adorable!

Beedubya said...

Kim,you couldn't rock the bears any harder even if you tried!!! These are awesome!!

xo B.

Rhonda L. said...

Cute, cute, cute! Love them all but especially the gift bag!

Vicky said...

Kim, this is adorable!!! what a great idea for a party!!
TFS!
Vicky

Heidi Baks said...

Perfect for a BAB fan!!

Holly / InkPaperStamps said...

Oh my goodness, look at those napkins! And I love the cookie holders with the flower-punched window. . . . cute, cute, cute!

Scrappindad said...

What fun birthday goodies! I'm sure any little kid would love the things you came up with here. Great job!

Melissa said...

Oh, how fun are all of these! Great job, Kim! I agree, the Big Shot dies make it sooo easy to create a fabulous party!

Lisa N said...

I love what you made! Fantastic. I love the Build-A-Bear items. Thanks for sharing.

Lisa Young said...

Such super cute projects Kim - loved them all!

stampmiser said...

Really great bear stuff! Love the color scheme, too. I should have had you do this party (am having a birthday party sleepover here right now, as I type this - 6 pre-teen girls...yikes!)

HeathersHobby said...

Kim, I love this themed party! The cupcake picks, plates, and napkins are so perfect!

Crissy said...

How did I miss this post? I am doing dd's bday invites using BAB...where did you those cute bags for the party favors???

Everything is adorable!

01 09 10 view sourceprint?01 09 10 01 09 10 01 09 10