Friday, January 8, 2010

Milk Carton Treat Boxes


Treat boxes for upcoming holidays.


Lookie Lookie! lol I got my little order today
and of course it had the Milk Carton die in it. 
I really love creating stuff with my Big shot and dies.
I used my friend Trina's idea for folding the cardstock
to make the the die cut bigger.


How tos:
1. Score and fold the the CS to 4.5 x 11 inches.  You want an smooth fold line.

2. Run it through the Big Shot with the fold just above the base fold line in the die.
Here I laid a white milk carton die cut under so you cou see where to place the cardstock.
You may have to experiment the plates.  The score lines tend to cut through.  I ended up using some well used plates that with all the cutting were thinner than the newer set I tried to use first.


 
3. Open, fold on four long score lines. 
 
4. Attach sticky strip to narrow flap on outer side. 
Fasten box by folding over in itself.


5.Fold ends in and staple.  I'm stapling at this point
to keep the box securely closed. 

6. Once assembled you can decorate. 
First I layered a 2.5 x 7 inch strip. 
Over that I layered a different 1.5 x 7 inch strip.



Materials used:

Pixie Pink, Tempting Turquoise, Pumpkin Pie Whisper White cardstock
Kaleidoscope DSP
Tempting Turquoise & Whisper White Grosgrain
Scallop Oval Punch, Large Oval Punch, 3/4" Circle Punch



Barely Banana, Whisper White, Retired Groovy Guava cardstock
Tall Tales DSP
NEW Chocolate Chip Satin Ribbon
Scallop Circle Punch, 1 3/8" Circle Punch


Happy Stamping!

3 comments:

Anne said...

ooh you are SO clever. Love this - and I wasn't going to get this die because it wasn't big enough! Silly me! Thanks for the wallet drain, Kim!

Vicky said...

wow this is great!! Have to give it a try! TRS!! off to check out Trina's site.
Vicky

Anonymous said...

Genial post and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you for your information.

01 09 10 view sourceprint?01 09 10 01 09 10 01 09 10