Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Big Shot Idea

I've been busy sewing.  I am in a fabric sample swap using the Big Shot to cut the pieces for the items.  Here are 2 key rings I have finished.  I have decided I really like Heat N Bond.  lol  Saves time on sewing and fabric glue takes too long to dry.  Most of my first attempts to sew all the layers together, did not work.  I'll be sharing more projects as I get them finished.



These are made using the Perfect Setting die.  I used the straight section to cut the band.  For the second I got smart and folded the fabric in half to get a longer wrist strap.  This is a canvass type fabric.  I fused 2 layers together to make it stronger.  I did one out of thinner fabric and needed to put a piece of twill inside it to make it stronger. 
It did not work to sew 2 short pieces together to make a loop.  Thus the key ring on the left.  These are 1 3/4" rings.

Perfect Setting Stampin' Up! Bigz Xl Die  #115961  $42.95

No comments:

01 09 10 view sourceprint?01 09 10 01 09 10 01 09 10