Saturday, January 30, 2010

A Basket Full Of Big Shot Scallops



One of the sets of coasters I am making for the Big Shot Fabric swap.  I ironed Heat and Bond to the back of the fabrics.  I then cut them out with the Big Shot and the Scallop Circle dies.  I layered them (This was the hard part, getting them all even and aligned.) and set them in place by ironing.  After I had the top layer set, I sewed  the stitching by using my circle sewing attachment for my sewing machine.  Easy, peasy, circles!


This picture shows the attachment and how I lined the circles up to get the center.  I cut a paper scallop, folded it in four, and cut one section away.  This gave me a visual tool for lining up the center of the circle on the pin which is under the black cap on the attachment.  I drew lines with a permanent marker for where I wanted the lines on the circle.  Stazon remover takes them off after.


The attachment in the machine.
Happy stamping, er, sewing!

3 comments:

Anne said...

Absolutely awesome! Gorgeous fabrics too I might add. What kind of machine do you have, and is the attachment pricey? I don't sew much any more but this could change my mind.

And could you cut the scallops stacked to avoid the matching hassle? At least for the large base circles?

Anonymous said...

Amiable fill someone in on and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you seeking your information.

Anonymous said...

Gals
You have got to see this. Obama playing on XBox. Funniest video ever. http://bit.ly/bllhx1

01 09 10 view sourceprint?01 09 10 01 09 10 01 09 10