Friday, January 1, 2010

2010 Occassions Mini Blog Hop




Another great blog hop by Stampin' Addicts members!  We are each featuring a different NEW product from the Occassion Mini Catalog that is avaiable for ordering starting January 5th.  Come whet your appetite!  You'll be thrilled with all the new products SU is coming out with. 

If you are traveling forward in the blog hop you just came from Cindy's blog Heart's Delight Cards. Don't you just love what she did with the Love Bandits set?  So cute!

I am using the Decor Stencils
Folk Flowers #118139 2 for $12.95. 
I tried to find different ways to use the stencils,
not just on the walls.

Project # 1 is an easy Dry Erase Board.
It is made with a 12" x 12" bevel edge, marble effect, tile.  I purchased it for a few dollars at a local do it yourself store.  The tile has a smooth finish.  After cleaning it with Rubbing Alcohol to remove any impurities, I stenciled the smaller flourish (measuring 5 3/4" x 5 1/2") with Plaid Brand Stencil Paint in King's Gold Metallic.  I also sponged around the edges with the same paint.  It dried very fast.  It appears to be permanent.  I'm sure I could scratch it off but I was not trying that before I took a picture!  I couldn't find an easel frame I liked so for now it has non slip dots on the bottom edge and is propped against the wall.  You could use this for menus of the week, messages by the phone or as I did, for a shopping list.




Project # 2 is a Party Favor Bag. 
This is my favorite.  A friend asked me to create 4 WOW party favor bags for her daughter's 15th birthday.  I came up with the idea of making mini drawstring backpack bags.  I made a notebook, pen and book mark to go inside.  I also added 2 metallic pencils as the birthday girl is really into anything metallic.



I stenciled on the bag shape using Plaid Stencil Gel in colors (Berry Red, Wood Rose, Twig, and Cactus) that almost match our New In Colors.  Craft inks would also work for this technique.  We carry them in the original 48 colors.  I stitched the bag from one piece of fabric and used our Antique Brass Jumbo Eyelets for the corner ribbon slots.  Always Artichoke Grosgrain Ribbon is the drawstring.  The silver beads were just something fun I added.  The notebook, pen and book mark were created using the Razzleberry Lemonade DSP and the Razzle Dazzle Stamp Set.


Project # 3 is a Technique item.
 I did bleaching with a stencil.  I taped the stencil to the t-shirt.  You could also use spray adhesive designed especially for stencils.  I think it turned out rather cool.  I'll have a tutorial for this technique posted on Monday.  This is a XL t-shirt.  This is the large flourish stencil and measures 6 5/8" x 5 3/4".




Hope you enjoyed the projects. 
Don't foget to check back Monday
for the how tos on the different projects I created.

Next on the blog hop is Cheryl's blog.
Love to Stamp and Scrap.  She will be showing
you the stamp set Well Scripted. 
Did you know Stampin' Up! is coming out
with clear mount stamps!?!

Click here to go to Cheryl's blog.

Your Occassion Mini Catalog should be in your mailbox this week! If it's not, contact your demo so she can get you your own copy. Until then, start here at noon on the 1st and enjoy the circular 23-blog Stampin' Up! sneak preview tour until midnight on Sunday the 3rd--and start your wish lists!


43 comments:

Cindy said...

Kim, ALL these projects are gorgeous! My granddaughter would love that drawstring bag with the goodies!

Marie said...

What great ideas for ways to use that stencil!! I really like the colors you used on the bag - nicely done!

WebDeb said...

That bag is adorable, and now I feel inspired to begin stenciling!

Sara Mattson-Blume said...

I love the stenciling! The bag is my fave!

Heidi Baks said...

Kim - all 3-D projects! These are fabulous!!

HeathersHobby said...

Great projects! I love both stencils and the bag-favor is just perfect for a teenager! I must try the bleached stencil. That turned out great!

Dawnmarie said...

Great projects. I really have to try stenciling now. . . .

Marilyn Goodrich said...

WOW! Love all your projects! That bleached shirt is incredible!!!

lisa808 said...

Great ideas.

Cherie said...

Fabulous! Love the stencil! TFS!

Krystal (skdeleeuw) said...

Wow! Love your projects. Your T-shirt is beautiful. What a great way to use the stencils.

Yapha said...

Wow! What gorgeous projects! I love that bag, and the bleached t-shirt is fantastic!

Kandi said...

These are amazing! Love that birthday ensemble

Stamp/nScrap said...

Oh, my, now I REALLY need that stencil! Each project is great, but that tshirt is my favorite!!

Lisa Y. said...

Wow. You did a great job showing the versatility of these stencils. I loved the tshirt idea!

Stella MacKay said...

I'm speechless! Is "Wow!" too trite as I can't think of anything better to say to describe how awesome all your projects are. Holy cow!

Melissa said...

Great use of the stencils, Kim!! Your projects are fabulous!

Lyssa Zwolanek said...

I am in awe... you are totally making me rethink stencils!!

Kelly said...

Congratulations! I just wanted you to know that your project will appear on the Yahoo Group Late Night Stamper’s blog finds of the day for January 2. Want to receive your own copy of the blog finds of the day? Join us at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/stampinuplnstampers/ or visit our Blog Finds of the Day Blog at http://blogfindsoftheday.blogspot.com.

Lisa said...

What great projects you created with the stencils. I especially liked the party favor bags. These are too cute. Thanks for sharing.

Debadoo said...

Love it all, but can't wait for the bleach tutorial to see if you used liquid or gel bleach etc. I'm a purple freak so naturally that one was my favorite, but love everything you did.

Sharon Field / Created By You said...

Love the stencil, great use of it! My favorite is the coloring on the little purse!

Holly @ InkPaperStamps said...

Fabulous projects, Kim! That message board is really neat--bet the birds appreciate you keeping track of their goodies, too!

Sarah said...

LOVE the t-shirt...GORGEOUS :-)

RhondaG -the stampin' bunny said...

Fantastic projects Kim! They are all great! I can't pick a favorite!!!!!!

Melina said...

wow Kim...just wow!

Holly said...

Awesome projects Kim!! Love your new blog banner too :) Love your second project very kewl :) Eraser board cool idea, the t-shirt is soo pretty!

Anonymous said...

Kim- these are fantastic!! I bought a stencil, but wasn't sure what to do with it. You've inspired me and I can't wait for your tutorial!
Missi

jeannen2 said...

Wow! You knocked my socks off with those projects! Love them all! TFS!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
great deal on computers said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
01 09 10 view sourceprint?01 09 10 01 09 10 01 09 10