Thursday, December 31, 2009

One last gift idea!

Snowman Kit In A Can

This gift could be given anytime in the winter season.  We gave one once as a birthday gift. This was a gift for a new family in the neighborhood.  They made a small snowman after our big snowstorm, but never "dressed" him.  Now our weather has been below zero, so they are going to save the kit for a warmer snow play day.

I wrapped the can with our retired white wrapping paper.  I stamped all over it to create a designer paper effect using all my current snowflake stamps.  The handle holes were punched with the 1 1/4" punch, once I figured out where they needed to be.  I wrapped 5/8" Brocade Blue grosgrain around the top and bottom of the can.  Ballet Blue cardstock was used for the tags, and scallop circles. 


All the "dress up" gear for the snowman. From fleece fabric I made an oversized hat, scarf and snowman mittens (no thumbs!). You could purchase these at a Dollar Store. I did see some cute winter items at my local store, but I already had these made. An assortment of buttons for the eyes, smile and buttons down the front of the snowman. In the floral dept. of the craft store I found these everlasting noses. Better than carrots! They can be used year after year.

There is a can opener that will be hung from a ribbon under the can lid. It is for popping open the fun!



The snowman tag can be removed once the can is opened,
and hung on the Christmas tree as an ornament. 

A close up of the contents tag. 
I used the 2 Tags Big Shot die for the tag base.


The lid top.  You can see where the can opener
and the Snowman tag are hung from under the lid.
I added snowflakes to the lid using our punch.


When giving the gift.  I make sure the can opener is hidden behind the tag but warn the adults it is there.  I searched for one that didn't have a point but didn't locate one.  The Dad suggested checking in a liquor store if I need more.  Good idea!

Let it snow!   Let it snow!   Let it snow!

Hope your holidays are full of fun and good cheer!
Happy Stamping!

Real Red 5/8" Grosgrain Ribbon 109052
Brocade Blue  5/8" Grosgrain Ribbon 109057
Red Gingham Ribbon 104827
Black Gingham Ribbon 104832

Jumbo Snowflake Punch 116628
Assorted circle punches to create the snowman
Two Tags Stampin' Up! Bigz Die 115954
Scallop Circle Bigz Die 113468

Stamps:
Simple Snowflake 115554
Snow Buddies 116505
Best Wishes & More 111602
Many Merry Messages 116586
Hostess Set Christmas Punch 115366

Inks:
Bordering Blue
Ballet Blue
Night of Navy
Brocade Blue

Uni-Ball Signo Gel Pen 105021

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great gift idea!! I love the tag too
Missi

01 09 10 view sourceprint?01 09 10 01 09 10 01 09 10