Thursday, December 24, 2009

Dasher Done in Decor Elements

This is the hostess level 2 Decor Elements Dasher. 
The board he is mounted on is 16 1/4" x 23 1/4".
I love how this turned out.  I am, slowly,
trying to redo my decor style into shabby chic.

I mounted him on mat board that is cream colored.  After he was on, I realized I put him too high.  I added the snow effect by trimming extra matboard (one layer) and coating the edge and created lines for extra snowbanks with Mono Adhesive then the chunky style glitter.  Those curly antlers and dots can be hard to get to stay put.  Just like the words in the Inspire DE item.  Once there though, they stick.  All he needs now is a ribbon accent on the upper corner.

You could also mount this on an artist canvass board
like Anne Matasci did with her Dasher DE item.


Happy Stamping!

1 comment:

Anne said...

Kim, this looks great - love the frame and especially love the snowbank effect. I like seeing Dasher grounded instead of just floating...I'm going to have to figure out how to ground him on my canvas for next year.

Merry Christmas!

01 09 10 view sourceprint?01 09 10 01 09 10 01 09 10