Friday, November 20, 2009

Tanya's Tealight Box

Tanya, who I met at  the MN Regionals made the cutest candlebox today!  I had to case it. 
Then I tried to make it with the matchbox die cut.  I made the extend version of the match box by folding the cardstock in half then die cutting it.  Click here  It's a little too large.  I need to play around with it some more.


Closed version of Tanya's idea.  It holds 3 tealights.


The matchbox has an acetate cover.  I put matches in as another tealight did not fit.

The tissue is punched out with the 1 3/8" circle punch, a center hole is punched to slide it over the wick.
 It is then stamped.  I did this by pressing the tissue down onto the upside down stamps so I could center the image.
Using the heat gun you melt the tissue into the candle top.  Do not hold the candle while you do this.  The heat gun gets hot.  My candles did not move around on the counter as I melted the tissue into the candles.

Matchbox Stampin' Up! Bigz Xl Die #114890  $42.95

1 comment:

lisa808 said...

Lovely packaging.

01 09 10 view sourceprint?01 09 10 01 09 10 01 09 10