Monday, November 9, 2009

Dressing it up with the Big Shot


Hi there!

I'm a little late getting this post up, my battery charger was acting up.  Now that the problem is fixed, I can show you the cool project I was working on yesterday.  I was going to do some quilting samples but my hands are still bad from Saturday and all that lawn work.  I dug out my fleece projects that are partially done.  (I am making hats to donate to a kids program.) I decided to work on some decorations for the ones I have done.



Using the Flower Folds Bigz Xl Die (#115970 cost $42.95)  I die cut several fleece fabrics.   I was able to do 3 layers of fabric at a time.  You can see it has four sizes of flowers on it, all the same style.  They layer beautifully.



I used 2 of the different medium sizes for the flower on the front of the hat.  I cut a circle and handstitched the center onto the flower, then attached that to the hat.


The 2 "pom poms" on the tips of the hat are each made of 2 of the smallest flowers - sewn in half and attached to the hat.


After I got this done I decided to make a set that matched.  I bought a pair of gloves today, and found a very close color match, as making mittens is terrible!!!



Here are the flower decorations on the hat.  It is like the first hat.


Then the scarf.  I did 3 flowers and a center on the scarf.
The scarf is a tube sewn in half, turned right side out.  the ends are cut into 1" strips and tied to close the tube ends.


The big shot is so fun to use to create fun decorations. 
 Come back tomorrow to see what I do with felt and a tote bag.

2 comments:

April Carroll said...

Can I ask what pattern you use for the hats? They are so cute! Thanks!

About me - Kim said...

The hat info is on http://www.marthastewart.com/article/fleece-hats

Very easy to follow instructions.

01 09 10 view sourceprint?01 09 10 01 09 10 01 09 10