Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Card Sketch Challenges

Today is about card sketch challenges. Do you ever have a time where you need to make a card and just can't come up with an idea?  Well this is where card sketch challenges are great.  They give you a starting point for your creativity to grow from.

Here is the link to last week's card sketch challenge at Stampin' Addicts.
http://www.stampinaddicts.com/forums/thursday-sketch-challenges/3508-sketch-challenge-33-10-29-2009-a.html

This is what I created in My Digital Studio starting with that sketch.


I used images from Winter Post, A Holly, Jolly, Christmas, and Season of Cheer.
I like that we can adapt image size in My Digital Studio.  The skaters are 1/3rd their actual size.
I also used Faux Stitching and Chocolate Chip Grosgrain.  I was able to "stamp off" the top three trees by changing the opacity of the color.  I used the Curly Label punch shape and matted it with another color to give the effect of layering.

What do I love about MDS?  I only own one of these stamp sets yet, I can play around with images from all of them and I didn't add to the mess in my stamp studio!

No comments:

01 09 10 view sourceprint?01 09 10 01 09 10 01 09 10