Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Big Shot Dresses It Up Again!


Here is today's project.  I had to make a tote bag as I could not find one I liked.  Since it is for display only I used Mellow Moss colored ribbon for the handles.  The die cuts are cut from medium weight felt today.



I used a Square Scallop Stampin' Up! Clear Bigz Die cut #(115950  cost  $21.95) for the base and attached the flower to that.  It is the same die cut I used on the hats, the Flower Folds Bigz Xl Die (#115970 cost $42.95).   Yes I purposely set it off center on the pocket.


I layered the largest,the smaller medium, and the smallest flower die cuts for this item.  The center is a small die cut flower with the petals sewn together.

To make the center:
Start with your knotted thread on the inside of one petal.  Sew through each petal from the inside out (or front through to the back) The petal should overlap as you gather them together.  I had to adjust the last one to lay correctly.  I reccomend thread the same color as the felt  I used white so you could see the stitches.




Close up view. I had put green petals of leaves behind it earlier
but changed it out for the Square Scallop.






1 comment:

LisaBee said...

Just gonna make me buy this die.

01 09 10 view sourceprint?01 09 10 01 09 10 01 09 10