Saturday, October 3, 2009

It’s time to party with My Digital Studio!




Welcome to our My Digital Studio Blog Carnival,
hosted by Stampin' Addicts. It's all about My Digital Studio, also known as MDS - the digital papercrafting solution released on October 1 by Stampin' Up!

Each stop on the carnival will feature at least two projects created using My Digital Studio. Be sure to visit all 16 sites to see what you can do with MDS between now and November 1.

***
For my projects, I chose to do scrapbook pages and a card.
The first project is a hybrid page. 
I printed out the 8"x 8" section on glossy paper, then mounted it on a 12" x 12" scrap page.  The journaling block is the Modern Punch enlarged in MDS.  Once in the designer paper and once for the journaling layer.  The BOO is cut with the Serif Essentials alphabet dies.

 

***
This was my first project for the Blog Carnival.  A page layout and card to share with a customer.  This page is also a hybrid page.  I the 8.5" x 8.5" page on Whisper White and used Chocolate Chip for the base.  I dyed a ribbon with Mellow Moss, attached that with the rings to the page.  The page will go into a shadow box frame for their wall.

 


The card was done completely in MDS.  Their wedding colors are Chocolate Chip, Mellow Moss, and a soft russet tone.  In MDS you can change the intensity of the color as I did for the strip on the scrap page.

***

This last project was done completely in MDS.  My Mom is an avid gardener with 2 green thumbs.  All her Orchids were blooming at the same time and we did a photo shoot day.  I used a designer page layout from one of the preset layouts.  You can use one or all of the pages when designing your own scrap pages.  You can also create your own on a blank page. All I had to do was click to upload the photos.  I layered circle punch shapes and text for the center journaling.  It was done so quick!   I am working on a book for her of all the photos.




It is so much fun to create projects with MDS! It will make your scrapbooking so much easier. You will even be able to order your products from a quality printer in book, calendar, or card form. And there’s even more to see! Check out this post for links to the other blogs that are part of the party! And don’t forget the links are good all month, so feel free to stop by and enjoy the MDS party anytime!



DMDezigns/Dawnmarie: My Digital Studio – The Birdseye Overview
Comeka (HowManyCats?!) http://comekastamps.blogspot.com/
Yapha: Turning Templates into Treasures
Willysgirl/Sarah: MDS Xmas and Extras
Hollylogic/Holly: MDS as a Design Tool (or How Not to Slice Up All Your Brushed Gold)
Lyssa: Playing with Stamps You Don’t Own
Lilysinkpad/Sara: Simply Scrappin’ Kits Go Digi
JulieA/Julie: Wanna Little Music with Your Slideshow?
lovetostampandscrap/Cheryl: Creating a Calendar to Beat All Calendars
Melina Stamps!/Melina: Man-Scrapping with MDS
BroncoMom/Joyce: Build Your Own DSP
Britiney: Clever Album Covers – A Piece of (Cup)Cake
S1itcher46/Kim: Hybridizing and Cataloging Collections
Kelli: Side-by-Side Test: Is it Actual or Is It MDS?
Scrapbookmamma/Ellie: Keeping the Spotlight on Your (Adorable!) Subjects


Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

JulieA said...

Beautiful projects! I love that wedding page...something truly to cherish.

Amy said...

Kim, everything is gorgeous! My favorite is your mom's flower page, but they're all lovely!

Deb B (Debadoo) said...

Love the wedding and flower pages especially. Love that you added rings and did it for a shadow box frame. I didn't know you can adjust the intensity of the colors, what a great thing. My SIL has been putting together many of her recipes and I'd love to do a book for her. Your mom will treasure her flower book.

Sara Mattson-Blume said...

The diversity of what you showed is amazing. How very cool to be able to all this with one program!

Holly (hollylogic) said...

How fun, the way you hybridized your pages, Kim! But the show stopper is your mom's orchids page. . . . I was already planning to use MDS to catalog my mom's nativity collection--now you've got me chomping at the bit for her to pull them out so we can start NOW!

01 09 10 view sourceprint?01 09 10 01 09 10 01 09 10