Saturday, September 12, 2009

Notepad Holders

I love the notepad holder made by Patty Bennett using SU’s office folders. Even though I own them. I am loath to cut them. I want to make over my office area and they are my starting point.

I decided to try and make them from our 8.5 x 11” cardstock.
I succeeded! This is the finished product!

I made the pink one with a retired Scrappin’ Kit. I have a friend who loves anything tropical so I made that one for her. On this one the left flap is the top flap. I wanted to use the Die cuts that came in that kit.



The butterfly notepad holder I trimmed away the excess paper so the wing would pop. It is on a layer of Barely Banana and Dusty Durango cut with the Circle Scissors Plus and the Scallop Circle #2 Bigz Die.


I trimmed the flap edges at an angle on this notepad holder. It’s not necessary I just wanted to see how it would look. I used the larger scallop on the Scallop Circle #2 Bigz Die and my Circle Cutter to create the flap decor on this notepad holder too. I want to make some with ribbon and bling soon. I see matching pens, post it note pads and paperclip bookmarks all coordinating in my future!
Would you like to make your own? Go to my Tutorial Blog to see all the how tos!

To order any of the products I used click HERE to shop online 24/7!

Dusty Durango cardstock 115321
Kaleidoscope Designer paper 115680
Barely Banana cardstock 102701
Sticky Strip 104294
Snail Adhesive 104332
Paper Cutter 104152
Circle Scissor Plus 112530
Big Shot Die-Cut Machine 113439
Standard Cutting Pads 113475
Scallop Circle #2 Bigz Die 113469

You can also call or email me if you prefer not to order over the Internet.
US orders only

3 comments:

Trina Caraway said...

Kim, thanks for this tutorial! I made one using Patty's instructions with a non-SU! file folder and LOVE IT! I'm thinking about cutting a couple of horizontal slits in the spine so the can pop inside and hold a pen!

Kim said...

That's a great idea Trina!

Dixie Finn said...

Great project. Will have to try this tomorrow.

01 09 10 view sourceprint?01 09 10 01 09 10 01 09 10