Saturday, August 29, 2009

Happy Holidays Blog Hop - Wandering Words




Welcome to Stampin' Addicts Happy Holidays Blog Hop. The Happy Holidays Blog Hop will feature sneak peaks of the different stamp sets and accessories the Holiday Mini Catalog has to offer. There are 40 pages of wonderful products in the Holiday Mini Catalog that will help you in creating your own holiday projects!

If you have been following the blog hop in order you've just seen Trina's wonderful creation's at Stamps and Whiskers featuring Gifts of the Earth. Isn't the watercoloring gorgeous!?!

Here are the projects I created for Wandering Words.
A gift bag and card for Valentine's Day or Sweetheart's Day.
(Isn't any day, Sweetheart Day?)


I dyed White Taffeta Ribbon with Basic Black Reinker on the card and Real Red Reinker on the gift bag. I did 20 drops of water to 1 drop of Reinker. I was trying to see if I could get the same color but not as intense.

To get a true color, Dye the Ribbon:
1 Ziploc snack bag, 1 drop of Reinker and 5 drops of water (I use an empty Reinker bottle to hold water).

I had this ribbon dyed for another project then didn't use it.
It is so close I decided to use it for the gift bag.

Wandering Words Stamp Set
Cardstock: Regal Rose, Basic Black, Whisper White, Very Vanilla
NEW! in the Holiday Mini Night and Day Designer Paper
Inks: Regal Rose Markers: Sage Shadow, Going Grey, Sahara Sand
White Taffeta , Regal Rose Brads, Flower Filigree Brad, 13/8" Circle punch


*****

An autumn place setting.

From L to R, place card, napkin ring, Invitation. I would deliver this invitation by hand, as it grew outside the envelope dimensions.


I textured the leaves using the SU and Kit #4 texture plates. One Summer Sun leaf is done with the Crop A Dile but after that one, I got out the Big Shot and did the rest of the leaves!


Wandering Words Stamp Set
Cardstock: Pumpkin Pie, Old Olive, Really Rust, Natural White,
Creamy Caramel, Summer Sun
Inks: Creamy Caramel, Markers:Pumpkin Pie, Old Olive, Really Rust, Summer Sun
Linen Thread, sticks, Sizzix Big Shot Die Leaves #2, SU and Kit #4 Texture plates,
Crop A Dile

*****

This is my favorite item!
It is a countdown calendar. It was so fun to make I think this would be a great class item.
It is 2 rectangular coasters. I covered them in Real Red and Glorious Green cardstock. I covered the bottom of the front panel with Night and Day DSP. Love the versatility of this paper. Layered the image on that. I punched 20 Ornament Punch shapes out. I found 1 inch office rings to hold the punch shapes. I used the Crop A Dile to punch through the 2 coasters then a pile of punch shapes, 10 at a time. Inside I attached a folding easel arm to keep the coasters from sliding further apart. Each set is number 0-9.


Someone stamped and mailed me numbers but they did not get here on time. I bet they are in my mailbox Monday. Sigh, I had to print numbers off the computer.

Wandering Words Stamp Set
Cardstock: Whisper White, Real Red, Glorious Green
NEW! in the Holiday Mini Night and Day Designer Paper
Inks: Basic Black Accessories: White Taffeta Ribbon, 1" and 3/4" circle punches


On September 17th we can start counting down to Christmas!


Don't forget to stop back on Monday August 31, when I will be giving away some blog candy for passing 10,000 visitors. Yeah! Thanks for visiting!
Make sure you check out what Carmen has in store for you using Cold & Cuddly at Stamping Addiction. For your assistance we have added arrows to help you travel to the previous or next blog spots.



32 comments:

Marie said...

Lovely projects, Kim! That little countdown calendar is just too cute!! I will have to CASE that idea soon. :) TFS!

Paula said...

Love the fall themed projects Kim. Thanks for sharing them with us on the tour.

Lisa said...

Ooooooo.... I see something I'm gonna CASE! Love that calendar!

Linda said...

Great idea for the countdown calendar! Thanks for sharing your talents!

Natalie said...

The count down calendar is my favorite, and I love that you can start counting down so early! Hee hee!

Crissy said...

Gorgeous! Love the gift bag and the fall table pieces are beautiful.

lisa808 said...

Cute countdown calendar!

Comeka said...

Great projects! I LOVE the calendar!

Lisa Curry, Independent Demonstrator, Stampin' Up! said...

Your count down to Christmas calendar is a great idea! Thank you for sharing it!

Lisa (aka LisaDRHC on SA)

Sarah said...

LOVE your work - that calendar is sooo fun :-)

RhondaG -the stampin' bunny said...

Love your projects Kim!!!

I see a CASE of your Advent calendar in my future!!! Amazing and Wonderful!!!

Stacy said...

The advent calendar idea is so spiffy. Thanks for the true color dye tip too - much easier than how I'm doing mine!

WebDeb said...

Your countdown calendar is brilliant!

PaperFairyKris said...

I loved all of the different textures you chose for your leaves. The advent calendar looked fun to make. You are so creative!

Deb (Debadoo) said...

Ohhhhhhh I love the countdown calendar!! Gotta do this at an upcoming class. Love all your projects.
Deb
Debadoo

Cam said...

Nice countdown calendar. Thanks for sharing.

Holly said...

Kim, your projects are so fun! I love how the blowing leaves play with the the torn paper and those great textured leaves on your table top items. But your Christmas countdown calendar takes the cake--is it Sept 17 yet? Is it? How about now? Huh?

Joyce said...

Such beautiful projects you've created to share with us all. Your countdown calendar is such a neat idea, I might just have to make one for my grandkids (and myself of course)!

Beedubya said...

That countdown calendar rocks! As do you, my friend.
xoB.

Debbie Flattum said...

I LOVE the countdown calendar - very creative! Now, I need to find a good source for the rectangle coasters. Thanks for sharing with us.
Debbie Flattum

Ashley said...

Love, love, love the Christmas countdown! Too cute! TFS!

Catrules said...

Kim everything is awsome like you :) I love everything. Great job!

Michelle said...

Love the Christmas countdown!

Jean from jlfstudio said...

Your countdown calendar really knocked my socks off. Though in this crafty house I might need to add a third set of numbers so it goes from 365 days and down so I can get all the projects done - LoL!

Thankd for sharing the creativity and I'll be back for sure!

Hugs from a sister demo - Jean Fitch

dmdezigns said...

Love the place setting - great colors and so cute!

Twila said...

Love the count down calender, super idea. I love the stamp set!

Barbara Welch said...

Kim, awesome projects, I really like the autumn place setting.

Cathryn said...

What a cute and fantastic idea! I will have to CASE it...my boys AND my customers will LOVE it! Thanks for sharing!!!

Anonymous said...

This topic is simply matchless :), it is very interesting to me.

Anonymous said...

As it is impossible by the way.

Anonymous said...

You were visited simply with a brilliant idea

Anonymous said...

The authoritative point of view, curiously..


I can look for the reference to a site with the information on a theme interesting you. Hot Health

01 09 10 view sourceprint?01 09 10 01 09 10 01 09 10