Sunday, May 31, 2009

Yesterday I was suppose to be in a used stamp sale but it got cancelled. What to do with an empty day on the calendar? Hmmm, back to the to-do list for the yard and house? Don't think so! I invited the gals in my upline and downline group to come stamp. It was short notice but my downline Margaret and immediate upline Sandy were able to come.

It was a really fun day and we did some cute card projects. We combined our resources and tried Patty Bennett's Watercolor Roses technique. The new Tri Shutter card, and a Tri fold card done with the Manhattan Flower Textured Impression Folder.

Here are our projects. . . .

Tri Shutter Card




This is such a fun card. I love this Rainbow Sherbet designer paper. It is so bright and happy. Tonya Allen has a great tutorial for this card. It is very easy to follow.
Party Hearty stamp set
Paper: Rainbow sherbet DSP, Gable Green, Tempting Turquoise, Apricot Appeal, Whisper White CS
Inks: Gable Green, Tempting Turquoise, Apricot Appeal, Gable Green
Tempting Turquoise Grosgrain Ribbon, Tag, Ticket Corner, 3/4", 1", 1 3/8", 1 3/4" Circle Punches, 12" Paper Cutter, Dimensionals



Tri Fold Manhattan Flower Card
The ribbon works as a belly band to hold the card closed.


Fifth Avenue Floral Stamp set
Manhattan Flower Textured Impression Die and Big Shot
paper: Riding Hood Red, Whisper White
Ink: Pink Pirouette, Riding Hood Red
Riding Hood Red Taffeta Ribbon, Corner Rounder punch
***
To make this card go to this blog - Barbara Jean has a great tutorial to walk you through creating this awesome card.
It is very fun and quick to make.
Here I added a watercolor Rose to the finished card.
Make sure you cover the back of the flower before
attaching it or you see can where the ink
seeped through to the backside.
This is the second rose I did. It's a little too pale.
The first was awful. It turned brown!
I used too much Pumpkin Pie ink on it.
I tried to rescue it by adding Bravo Burgundy over the
Pumpkin Pie. lol I threw it away!

Here are the roses I worked on after everyone left.
I had to try and get this right!
I like all but the top right rose.
I think I need to add a little more color to that one.
It is bland. Now to get them cut out and mounted on cards.
*****
***
To create your own roses. You will need:
Fifth Avenue Floral or another outline floral (I used Embrace Life
to do this on watercolor paper for the last blog hop I was on.)
Versamark ink, White Embossing Powder, heat gun
Shimmery White Paper ( you can get 6 roses out of 1 sheet)
Aqua Painter, some kind of lid to put reinker drops onto
Reinkers in your color choices

*stamp rose image (from Fifth Avenue Floral Set) on Shimmery White cardstock using Versamark *heat emboss with White Embossing Powder

*generously spray the embossed rose outline with water using a fine mist spray bottle - you need to have puddled water, not just wet paper

*using an Aquapainter, load tip with reinker, apply reinker to rose - just touch the tip of the Aquapainter loaded with ink to each section of the rose - the ink will fill the section of the outline but also blends when you add another color to the same section

*2 or 3 classic reinker colors work best

*clean your Aquapainter tip in between by wiping on a paper towel
*let the rose image dry, cut out and mount to your card
It can take 20 to 30 minutes to dry -so you can work on your card during this time.

5 comments:

Beedubya said...

KIM!!! I love your cards! That tri fold birthday card rocks! Niiiiice.

xo B.

Kathy said...

When I grow up I wanna stamp like you! Such great cards.

Ann said...

How did you attach the rose on top of the card & will it still open up the same? I'd love to know your secret. :)
Ann

Ann said...

I forgot to click on the follow-up comments box, OOPS!
Ann

Margaret said...

That was a fun day! Thanks Kim!

01 09 10 view sourceprint?01 09 10 01 09 10 01 09 10