Friday, May 8, 2009

Welcome to Stampin' Addicts first ever blog hop!
This was stop #8 of 24 on Stampin' Addicts Parade of Papers blog hop!
I hop you were able to take part in the hop! there will be another in June for the retiring sets.

I am excited to be featuring the fun Candy Lane Designer Series Paper #113980 priced at $9.95. It coordinates with Pink Pirouette, Riding Hood Red, Close to Cocoa, Very Vanilla, and Chocolate Chip. Just like all of the Designer Series Papers, it is included in the May Stampin' Up's Special of buy 3 get 1 free!

I’m starting with something special for Dad.
It’s a Scrapbook/Gift Card Wallet.

I embossed the outside of the "wallet" with the Stampin' Up! Paisley texture plate. Inside are 4 pockets for scrapbook inserts and a gift card.



The 3 scrapbook inserts. Now, my son is 26, so these are old. He was such a happy baby!



I embossed the outside of the "wallet" with the Stampin' Up! Paisley texture plate. Inside are 4 pockets for scrapbook inserts and a gift card.

Stamp Sets: Eight Great Greetings, And Many Mower from the Occasion Mini
Paper: Chocolate Chip. Candy Lane DSP, Riding Hood Red, Very Vanilla Ink: Close to Cocoa, Riding Hood Red, Versamark Accessories: Glassy Glaze, Riding Hood Red Striped Grosgrain, Circle Scissors Plus, 1 ¾”, 1 3/8”, 1 ¼”, Large Oval, and Corner Rounder punchesBig Shot SU Paisley Texture Plate, Paper Piercer and Mat Pack Gift Card -Visa


****

Lots of Punches Card
Easy, quick, and works for most any Occasion.
You can do this card with any designer paper.


There is a Very Vanilla piece inside for a liner.

Stamp Set: Hostess Set Darling Dots
Paper: Chocolate Chip. Candy Lane DSP, Pink Pirouette Ink: Close to Cocoa 1 3/8” Circle Punch Flower Brad


*****


Friends are Forever 8.5” x 8.5” Scrapbook Page


This turned out so cute, if I do say so myself.

The photo is a stock photo. I only have boy pictures and they were all to rowdy for this scrapbook page. Lol I made the tassel out of the narrow grosgrain. I trimmed off one side and then pulled all the weaving out. Formed the tassel by folding the loose weaving strands in half and tying. I used the extra edging strip to tie in the button. The piece I pulled all the weaving out of I used on the bottom middle square. I was trying to make a butterfly but hey, the tassel is cute!

Stamp Sets: Friends 24-7, Friendly Words Wheel
Paper: Candy Lane DSP, Pink Pirouette, Very Vanilla Ink: Close to Cocoa Fire Iridescent Brads, Pink Grosgrain, library clips, Flower Brad, Chocolate Chip Corduroy Button, Cherry Blossom Sizzix Embosslit, Corner Rounder and Large Tag punches



*****


Baby Shower Watering Can Centerpiece




This is my favorite item. It is for a baby shower for a friends daughter. I love how it turned out. I’ll have to make another so I can part with this at the baby shower! I placed the DSP behind the square and circle Clear Buttons using vellum tape. In the bottom of the watering can I placed a frog. A florist base for holding flowers. The bamboo skewers sat very nicely in this.

I curled petals around a skewer for the curls.


Stamp set: Say It With Scallops
Paper: Candy Lane DSP, Pink Pirouette, Whisper White, Chocolate Chip Ink: Close to Cocoa Linen Thread, Chocolate Chip Corduroy Button, Clear Buttons, Big Shot Flowers Layers #3 Die, Baskets and Blooms Die (flowers), Beautiful Butterfly Die Scallop Oval, Scallop Edge, Word Window, Large, Small, and Jumbo Oval Punches, Paper Piercer, Crimper, Paper shredder for grass, Tacky Tape, glue dots, Vellum tape, bamboo skewers (colored with Always Artichoke markers)

*****
Star Card


I wanted to do an out of the box color combo to show even a pack of papers with mostly pink and brown make a great guy card!


Stamp sets: It’s Your Birthday, Wanted (star inside)

Paper: Night O Navy, Pacific Point, Candy Lane DSP -Red Dots, Whisper White Ink: Night O Navy, Ruby Red marker
Bold Bright Brads


*****

For more great ideas check out the Gallery at Stampin’ Addicts.
Come back and visit again!

55 comments:

Catrules said...

Kim Wow great job on everything!!! I love the scrapbook page and the flower pot awsome!!

Angie said...

As always Kim your projects are over the top! I am not sure which is my favorite, the watering can, the scrapbook page or the scrapbook wallet. They are all really cute. You are a gifted stamper and scrapper and I LOVE when you share with us. Have a great weekend!

RhondaG -the stampin' bunny said...

Beautiful Kim! I agree with Angie--thos three are my favorites too!

Janine said...

Lovely!

creatingwithellie said...

OH these are some amazing and beautiful projects! :)

saucersrus said...

I absolutely LOVE the photo wallet!! What a great gift idea :)

Mary said...

WOW!!! Okay...let me repeat that...WOW!!! Each and every project is absolutely AMAZING!!!!

WebDeb said...

The wallet is so cool -- I love non-traditional memory keepers, and your idea is just excellent. I also love the "friends" page, even if you had to borrow the kids!

MaryR said...

beautiful projects with this oh so pretty paper - my favorites were the circle punch card and that gorgeous scrapbooking page - wow!

Debbi said...

Kim, these are awesome projects! The photo wallet and watering can are really amazing! I'll be back on Monday for the tutorials. Thanks for being part of the blog hop. SA girls ROCK! Off to Kat's....

Patti Chesky said...

Oh, that watering can is cool!!! I am in love with the wallet too!!! Great job on everything!!!

yaphastamps said...

I love the wallet! It is perfect for Father's Day! Fabulous cards!

Michelle said...

I LOVE the watering can project!

dmdezigns said...

It's all beautiful. You did a great job! the watering can is amazing!

Lisa said...

Kim, these are AWESOME! Can't wait for the tutorials!

kchristensen said...

I will be back on Monday morning to see the tutorials. Can't wait!

JulieA said...

Beautiful job, Kim! I especially love that watering can...can't blame you a bit for having to make a second so that you could part with the first. Makes total sense to me! TFS!

Paula said...

This is one of my favorite papers and I love what you did with it, especially that watering can. WOWSERS!!!

Jyll said...

That wallet will be given to my hubby this Father's Day...What a cute idea!!!

Amy said...

Wow, Kim! I love that wallet and the watering can!

Sara said...

I love it Kim! I may have to do the wallet for DH for Father's Day!!!

Holly said...

Oh my goodness, where do you start to comment on all these great projects? Hard to choose, but I think my faves are the wallet scrapbook, the punches card and that watering can! TFS!

Comeka said...

WOW! Everything is great but I love your 'wallet' and the Friends Are Forever scrapbook page is lovely!

Elizabeth said...

I love the versatility of this paper! it is one of my favorites!

that watering can is adorable!

Shelley said...

I love your watering can! I will be back to get the info on how to make one! It's just beautiful!

Deb B said...

Wow Kim, you did a wonderful job. That watering can is so cute!! And I just had to grab some ribbon and try that tassle. love love love the SB page.
Debadoo

Jenn D said...

What fantastic projects. The wallet is fantastic, I adore the cirlce card and your watering can is amazing!

~Q~ said...

oh boy! I can't wait to come back and get all the tutorials - especially for that watering can! It looks fabulous and oh-so-difficult. It would knock the socks off anyone, I'm sure. Your blog has been bookmarked! :)

Dixie Finn said...

So fantastic. I love the watering can. So creative.

Rhonda Langley said...

Love the watering can and the friends page! Great projects

Kathy said...

Amazing that you can make this DSP look so great! Each of your projects shows the 'Kim' creativity we all love!

Toni said...

beautiful work...loved the baby shower watering can and Friends are Forever scrapbook page..that really turned out beautiful...thanks for doing all of this.

Vicky said...

wow Kim, great projects, love the wallet and watering can!
TFS!
Vicky

Barbara said...

Cute, cute, cute!! Love your projects....they are wonderful!

Pammybaby said...

Wow, Kim! These are awesome projects! The Friends are Forever scrapbook page is to die for - it's fabulous! And I love your watering can!

Stamp/nScrap said...

Ok, gotta tell you, that watering can centerpiece has got to be one of the cutest things I've seen all week! Great job.

Char in So Cal said...

That wallet is a cute idea!!!

Thanks for the op to win some YUMMY blog candy!

Char in So Cal
{scrampaddict} {at} {cox} {dot} {net}

Kat said...

Great Projects. I love this blog hop.

Joyce said...

Cute projects, especially the one for the baby shower.

Sharon Mc said...

Great projects - thanks for sharing!

rush8888 said...

i got a paper cut....where is the link to the next stop?

rush8888 said...

well, i made it back! so, all is well....thank you all for the wonderful tour.

Julie A. said...

Hello Kim-

Your work is awesome. I love that wallet! What a great idea for Father's Day! Thanks for sharing:) I will be back for the tutorials:)

Beth said...

Beautiful - love the clean, tailored look to the cards. The scrapbook wallet is fabulous! I really think I need to make one for DH for father's day (your son's pix are precious!). Oh, and that watering can? WOWZERS!!! Gorgeous job on everything, TFS!

Kelly said...

Kim,
I LOVE your scrapbook page! Every element is perfect. The scrapbook wallet is a great idea too! Thanks for sharing your creations during the parade.

HUGS!
Kelly

Mary said...

I love it all, but the scrapbook pages are the best! thanks.

Bonnie said...

Lovely projects. Thanks for sharing.

Carmen said...

Fantastic!!!The wallet card is wonderful .. great Father's Day idea AND that watering can is absolutely stunning!

Anonymous said...

I was amazed at the card that wasn't pink and brown cuz that's what I saw when I saw this paper. Thanks for sharing--the wallet is a great idea; I will be "marking" you. Mary Jo (mdmjtaylor@msn.com)

jeanne nielsen said...

Looking forward to your tutorials on Monday! Great projects! Love the watering can centerpiece!

Twila said...

Kim, great job! Love your dad wallet and the watering can! well also the pretty scrapbook page. Thanks for all your hard work on the blog hop.

imagine.create.share. said...

Wow! The watering can is awesome! I'll be back on Monday for the tutorial...

Barbara

Tina said...

Watering can and wallet are wonderful!

Darlene said...

I enjoyed all your wonderful projects. The wallet with your son's pictures and a gift card is a great idea.

Karen said...

You did a great job of showcasing the versatility of this DSP. I liked all your projects and will be returning for the wallet tutorial. This will be a great gift for Father's Day. Thanks for participating in the blog hop. I am having fun checking it all out.

01 09 10 view sourceprint?01 09 10 01 09 10 01 09 10