Thursday, May 14, 2009

Welcome to the May 15th & 16th Blog Tour




Welcome to the May 15th & 16th Blog Tour. Stop #17, Tour #5

This tour features 23 blogs! Each blog will show case a beautiful project using items from Stampin' Up!'s - Spring-Summer 2009 Idea Book & Catalog.

Don’t forget to bookmark your favorite blogs as the links that make up this tour will disappear at midnight on May 16th.
*****

I chose the stamp set Embrace Life, #114958 Page 93, of the Spring Summer Catalog. I had thought to go with a Hawaiian theme for my projects. This set really leans more toward an Asian style once I start stamping with it. Sometimes I have a clear idea what I want the card to look like and it still evolves into something else.



Technique Card


Stamp Sets: Embrace Life, Hostess L3 Goody Goody Gumdrops (words)
Paper: Sage Shadow, Whisper White Inks: Sage Shadow, Pretty in Pink marker Tissue, glue stick, Pretty in Pink Grosgrain, Linen thread, ¾” and 1” Circle punches, piercing tool, Cutter kit (distressor tool)

Techniques - Faux silk


This card is for Dad. It is a simple layout with clean lines. I stamped, colored, then punched my squares so the image section was stretched out and up on the card.



Stamp Sets: Embrace Life, Itty Bitty Backgrounds, And Many Mower (words-inside)
Paper: Old Olive, So Saffron, Candy Lane designer paper, Very Vanilla
Inks: Old Olive, Certainly Celery, Creamy Caramel
1 3/8” Square, large Oval, Scallop Oval punches, piercing tool, Vintage Brads



My mom and I went to Hawaii 12 years ago on our first trip. I have yet to scrap with those photos. So I dug them out for this project. These pages are 8.5” x 8.5”. I am going to purchase our On Board Chipboard Albums to create unique scrapbooks for the photos from our trips. I have lots of photos to scrap!



Stamp Sets: Embrace Life, Big Deal Alphabet
Paper: Green Galore, Pink Passion, Whisper White, Watercolor paper Inks: Pink Passion, Versamark, Reinkers - Apricot Appeal, Pink passion, Blush Blossom White Embossing Powder, Aqua Painter, Organza Ribbon
Techniques - reinker spread technique that was shown at the Seattle Regionals
Dyeing Organza Ribbon



Thanks for stopping by!



15 comments:

yaphastamps said...

Love the card for your dad! So clean and elegant!

Teri said...

Everything is great! Thanks for sharing.

Catrules said...

You did a great job! Love your scrapbook pages!

TABray said...

I really like the way your stretched the image on the card for your dad. All of your projects are pretty!

Lorita said...

Kim,
I really love this set and I want to try the faux silk technique. Thanks for sharing.
Lorita

Latenightstamper said...

I loved that you showed us a technique as well as beautiful cards. What a great day for a tour! Sherrill Graff istmpnv@aol.com

Susan Timmerman said...

Beautiful projects! Thanks so much for sharing!

Sharon Field / Created By You said...

Cool aloha pages! Can't wait to see what you share tomorrow on our tour!

Liz said...

Love your pages! Awesome work!

RhondaG -the stampin' bunny said...

Kim-Love your faux silk and then punched card--soooo cool!

Barbara said...

Lovely samples with a great set! Thanks so much for the inspiration.

jmniffer said...

I love what you did with this set. I can't wait to give the faux silk technique a try. jmniffer

Tea said...

You did some lovey and unique things with this set - I really endjoyed and will be back for more. Thanks

Diane said...

Wonderful array of samples for this set. You did a beautiful job on these!
Diane

Julie said...

Very pretty! Thanks for sharing!

01 09 10 view sourceprint?01 09 10 01 09 10 01 09 10