Friday, May 22, 2009

May Club Cards
I realized Monday night I had not done my cards for club this week. Yikes! I had favorited some I really liked, so this month was more about caseing and being inspired than being creative for club. Thank goodness club all liked the cards!
This is an absolute case of a card done by Monika Davis from LNS. It was a great way to use up some of my DSP. We left the inside blank so it could be used for Father's Day, a birthday or a congrats card for a job or promotion.
See my tutorial blog for the instructions.
Paper: Kraft, L1 Hostess pack, Riding Hood Red textured card stock
Ink: Sahara Sand (sponging edges)
Accessories: Small and Large Tag punches, Heart to Heart punch

This card was inspired by Charlene Monroe from LNS. I did change a few things. I textured the BG piece with the texture plates. I used a piece from the leftover L1 Hostess paper pack, and a few less brads. Charlene used an ruler design on the horizontal strip so I just added more of the tools for that area. I really like how it turned out. I love this stamp set!

Totally Tool, Itty Bitty BGs Stamp Sets
Paper: Sahara Sand, Hostess L1 paper pack, Night of Navy, Basic Black, Whisper White
Ink: Basic Black, Going Grey (BG spots), Neutral markers
Accessories: BB brads, Big Shot Texture Kit #4, Piercing tool





This time of year we had to have a grad card! It's so cool.
The top front lifts up and the bottom created a pocket for a gift card. I cut a square and a diamond for the grad hat. I punched the bottom corners out with a circle punch to make the square piece a base for the hat. Punch a hole, the white is a strand from the tassel. Put this and the brad through hole. Tape tassel to backside of hat.

Define Your Life, Hugs & Wishes Stamp Sets
Paper:Basic Black, Whisper White, Hostess L1 paper pack
Ink:Basic Black Accessories:Organza Ribbon, 1/8" hand punch,
tassel from fabric store
The ribbon is dyed with Basic Black see here for instructions.



This card was inspired by Rhondag. It was a great way to use up some of the Raspberry Tart DSP. It is 2 of the Big Shot Large Scallop Circle, and 1/2 of another of DSP Big Shot Large Scallop Circle. Score the top scallop at 1" so it folds open. I tied the ribbon around the scallop before attaching the 2 layers to make the card.

Dreams Du Jour Stamp set
Paper: Pink Pirouette,Old Olive, Raspberry Tart DSP
Ink: Riding Hood Red
Accessories: Old Olive Grosgrain, Big Shot Scallop Circle die, 1 3/4" Circle Punch

3 comments:

Kathy said...

Great projects here. I love the Father's Day card with the tie. Each one, tho, is truly creative.

Catrules said...

These are great!!

Debbi said...

Awesome cards Kim! Love the graduation one - very clever and creative way to make a grad cap.

01 09 10 view sourceprint?01 09 10 01 09 10 01 09 10