Sunday, May 17, 2009

Matchbox Dresser
I had an idea for a storage dresser
for my pretties petals. (I used my tin for a gift project.)
I wanted a wider drawer. So first
I made my own box base. lol
Once done I thought, hmm, this looks
like the other side of the matchbox bottom. hahaha

I then used the die to cut the box bases,
but had to make the drawer sleeves.
It needed an tag. I used a stamp from Only Ovals
and just colored the words with a maker.

I made a sleeve for each drawer.
I attached them to each other with Sticky Strip.
I ran a piece 2" x 3.5" up the back and overlapped
top and bottom edges.
I them made a larger sleeve that wrapped around all 3.
By the way that one I put on upside down. grrr
Doesn't really show so I left it.
Tie your ribbon on now so it is under the Old Olive layer.
The back piece runs under the base up the back and down again.
this way the top edge is folded and smooth.

I used the Filligree Brads to dress up the drawers.
I wish they came in gold . . .
The 2 smaller size petals fit in here. I am out of the larger ones
so when I get my next pretties. I will see if the fit.
All the extra pearls and such will fit int he other drawers.
This would be a nice way to gift part of this kit to a hostess or downline.
*****
Only Ovals Stamp Set
Paper: Old Olive, Raspberry Tart DSP
Ink: Ruby Red marker
Sticky strip, Always Artichoke Grosgrain, Filigree brads,
Small Oval, Scallop Oval punches
Big Shot and Matchbox die - box base, tag

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Absolutely love your "storage drawers" idea! How cute would that be sitting on your table with your stamping accessory items!

I don't know if I could even come close to making one as nice as yours, but what a wonderful creative idea!

Stampin' Smiles from Ear to Ear,
Ann :)

Paula said...

Love that dresser Kim. Very cute.

Amy said...

Wow, that's great! What a good idea!

01 09 10 view sourceprint?01 09 10 01 09 10 01 09 10