Friday, April 24, 2009

Whew, April has been a busy month, I attended SU Regionals in MN, at the beginning of the month, taxes, I entered the Artisan Award for Stampin' Up (cross your fingers for me!), club and classes, I also (with a crew of helpers) made 400 wedding favors in one day.

We have had the roof and upper gutters replaced. Project #1 of the Spring to-do list. We also trimmed back branches on all the large trees that hang over the roof and along the woods by the garage. Finding a tall enough ladder, was more work, than actually cutting them off. We used a power pruner so it went quickly.

I finally got pictures taken of the last 2 months club projects to post. I will add them in another post, here I am sharing the 3D item I made to swap at Regionals. It is one of my 1000 test tubes that say Happy Joe's Crab Shack! lol I order misprints, thinking I would get assorted colors but nope all orange!



I wrapped Rainbow Sherbet DSP around the tube to cover the words. I scalloped both edges to dress it up. I could not find enough corks so I used Pastel Tootsie Rolls as corks. It wasn't the best solution but it did work. The tube is filled with Starburst jelly beans.

The slider is a 1 3/4" x 3 3/4" rectangle scored at 1" and 2 3/4".

I punched holes in the end sections using the 3/4" punch. Fold these sections on the score lines and slide onto tube. When the ends are pushed toward each other on the back side of the test tube, the slider does not move. To decorate I layered 2 scallop punches one solid CS, one stamped image. Onto that I placed 1" and 3/4" circles. I stamped the image in different colors on white and Pixie Pink ink on the Pixie Pink. You can find corks at your local craft stores for test tubes.

These make great party favors, anything that easily slides in and out of the tube can be placed inside for a treat. I thought these would be cute to put the bunny made out of punch shapes on it and put it in Easter Baskets. http://www.stampinaddicts.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=315 Of course, the test tubes being orange, I will also use these at Halloween.

1 comment:

Missi said...

Cute idea! I love the tootsie pop cork!!

01 09 10 view sourceprint?01 09 10 01 09 10 01 09 10