Saturday, April 4, 2009

Hi everyone!
Some of you have been waiting for this to be uploaded.
So I thought I'd do it really early!
I'm in Minnesota at the SU Regionals having a great time
swapping, chatting with the Stampin' Addicts gals,
sharing new ideas . . . you get the picture!
Cupcake Kit
This was inspired by Nicole Heady's cute kit.
I had to change a few things to fit what I had on hand.
I made these for the 3D swap at Regionals. It was
more work than I thought but it sure turned out cute.
Front View
I suggest stamping a background design
on the Brilliant Blue paper before assembling!
I decided to leave it as is. I know I would have messed
it up trying to stamp around the ribbon.
Side View
I pushed the "wrapper" piece out a little
so you can see I went around the whole package.
The red section is also taped to the back side of the wrapper.
In the bottom is an extra piece of tagboard for strength.

Inside the red section are 2 Jiffy Mixes
(1 golden cake - 1 choclate, {what else?!} frosting) laid
sideways. They are as wide and almost as tall together,
as a single box of cake mix. I stuck them together
with a piece of Sticky Strip so they wouldn't slide around.

I did these instead of a cake mix and
a tub of frosting as the frosting would have
to be packaged seperate.


Back View
I ran the paper "wrapper" layer and the ribbon
around the whole package. It is sturdier this way.
I had a different idea but stayed with this.
It carries very easily with the ribbon handles.


Inside View
I used test tubes I got a great deal on.
They were misprints so were only 5c. I don't have
anything in these yet, I used them all in the ones I made
for the other gals. I will fill these with cupcake sprinkles for
display purposes after I am back home.
To cover the printing, as it says Joe's Crab Shack,
I wrapped DSP around them, after punching
the edge with the Scallop Edge punch.

Front View - Pocket
This is the cupcake shape from Simple Birthday Thanks.
I cut the base and top pieces separately. I ran the base piece
through the crimper and sponged Gable Green on it.
The top piece has brads from Bold Brights and Rich Regals
inserted to resemble sprinkles. I placed the 2 pieces a little closer
together than the stamped image to fit on the pocket.


Pocket insert - front
I made picks for the cupcakes. They are 2 sided with the same
images. I use punches as much as I can when doing multiples
of something. I saves my hands from all the cutting.
I cut a vellum envelope down to fit inside the pocket
on the kit. Then it just needed some decoration!
The wooden food picks are from the Dollar Tree.



Pocket insert - back
To keep the envelope closed without using adhesive
I created a string and button closure.
This would make a great gift for a college student
that has access to an oven. Cute to send
along to a grandchild before their birthday
or even a good friend, ahem, that loves cupcakes.
Stamp Sets used: Simple Birthday Thanks, Party Hearty

3 comments:

MaryR said...

This is such an amazing project~ I am so honored to have received one from you! Thank you for the wow! swap and for all the great ideas - it was great to meet you in mpls!

Kathy said...

Great Job! Speaking from experience, these are not easy to do! But I love the bright colors and the cupcake theme.

LisaBee said...

This is so awesome! I am so honored to have one!

01 09 10 view sourceprint?01 09 10 01 09 10 01 09 10