Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Golfer Gift Certificate

Jaron Winder posted a great color challenge today on his blog. Who is Jaron Winder?, you ask. He is an awesome, energetic, charismatic person who until recently worked at the Stampin' Up home office. There were some layoffs due to the economic issues the country is going through.
He was one of 50. I am sad to see him go. He will be missed at convention.
I'm thinking of starting one of those displays of loss memorials when I get there this year. Might be frowned upon by the convention center though.

The card I did for his rockin' color challenge.
I used Old Olive, Taken with Teal and Bashful Blue.
His challenge colors are Old Olive, Taken with Teal and
Soft Sky. Sadly I have used up all my retired Soft Sky.
The golfer is colored in using a blender pen and Watercolor Crayons. I'm really starting to get the hang of watercoloring with these tools.
***
I made a plaid button by drawing lines with sharpie markers, tied hemp twine through the holes, and then backed the button with a 1" circle of Bashful Blue.
***
I made faux suede using Liquid Applique and Close to Cocoa Reinker. As you can see the faux suede on the card front looks more like Creamy Caramel than Close to Cocoa. It was very easy to do.
***
Mix a blob about the size of a 1/2 a dime of Liquid Applique
with 3 drops of Reinker. Blend well.
Using a brayer spread out on wax paper
so it coats the whole brayer.
Roll in one direction across glossy cardstock.
Let dry. Heat with heat gun so it texturizes.
It should not bubble up. If it does you got too much in one place.
It will actually feel like suede!
(By the way be ready to wash your brayer off immediately!
I heard if the stuff dries on there, it is there forever!)


I used a piece of Creamy Caramel for the gift card pocket inside.
I punched 3 circles with the1 3/4" punch for the gift card to show.

Don't forget to check out the Stampin' Addicts Gallery for
more great ideas using the And Many Mower set.


If you'd like to visit Jaron's blog:
http://jaronsjunkdrawer.blogspot.com/

2 comments:

MaryR said...

very cute - the colors are great for this set and I love the way you did the gift card

Kathy said...

Great job on the button - and thanks for sharing tips for it and the faux suede. Never tried it before - guess it's time! Love the card.

01 09 10 view sourceprint?01 09 10 01 09 10 01 09 10