Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Hi all!
I've been busy sorting a big swap. 30+ people participated. I also do swaps with other groups. I admit it, I am addicted to swapping. Though, I don't swap nearly as much as I used to. I have to always ask myself how many cards do I need? LOL All of them!

No really. I have so many samples I will never be able to share them all before they retire. I am trying to find a better way to showcase the card samples. Right now I have bulletin boards I clip card samples to. Also an area on my hutch where I can set cards and 3D items out. I added a tall shelf in the living for displaying past class projects. It's those darn cards that sit in the boxes (I have 2 large under the bed storage boxes full.) that I do not know how to get out on display.
Any suggestions?

Here are cards I made for swaps using the new set Quilt Quips. I was a seamstress and quilter long before I was a stamper. This set really had appeal for me. I took inspiration from my sewing room for the layout of the cards.
I created a template for the" stitch" holes on this card. Punched them and then threaded the ribbon through. I used the best tool for this technique. Well first I tried the tool kit needle but it was too long. I have a tool for pulling the runs or catches in knit fabric to the inside It looks like a crochet hook. I used this tool to pull the ribbon through the holes. I then taped the ribbon ends to the back and layered on the Riding Hood Red base piece.
This card is made from the top note die cut. Once you cut one, turn it 90 degrees, center it on the die, and cut again. I embossed the letters with white embossing powder.




I wanted the look of muslin on this card. I took Very Vanilla and ran it through the crimper in both directions twice. I then peeled it apart, creating 2 pieces. After that I sewed in both direction with my sewing machine. Sewing on paper really wears out your needles. I free hand stitched around the outer edge with a straight stitch.
The next two I used Raspberry Tart DSP. It reminds me of quilt fabric I own.




I used a free hand zig zag stitch on this card. This is how I start my quilt designs.
I have a table I lay out all my fabric on to see how they go together.






I used the mini library clip on this card. I hang ideas and inspirations on a shelf edge with clips so I don't forget where they are! I also did some zig zag stitching on this card. I did 2 square scallop punches behind the phrase.
I used three different plates from the Sizzix Texture plate kit #4 on the top note piece for all 3 cards.

1 comment:

Kathy said...

I'm so lucky to be the owner of a couple of these cards! So beautiful! I know your swap was a pain, literally, and I'm sorry I wasn't part of it, but I know those who were are glad that you did it.

01 09 10 view sourceprint?01 09 10 01 09 10 01 09 10