Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Purse Scrapbook

I was cruising the gallery at SCS
and found a cute purse scrapbook by Just 2 Busy.
So when I couldn't sleep last night, :) I decided to make one.
I used a sheet of 12" x 12" textured Riding Hood Red CS.
I think it would actually fold better using regular CS.
Do you see the button on the front?
It is one of the new corduroy buttons by Stampin' Up.
They come in three styles in a container,
(this one is a large brad) there is a choice of six colors,
and they add a very nice texture to projects.
So cool!
Side view closed
I used the new SU Sizzlets Lots of Tags die
to cut the element behind the button.
Then added a Riding Hood Red circle to make the button pop !

open view
I used a Velcro dot to hold it closed.


Here is an inside view. I added an insert of 2 3" x 12" pieces
scored at 4" and 8" to fold inside the purse.

They are attached one going in each direction.
It gives you more room for pictures.

The butterfly is from the new SU Beautiful Butterflies die.
I added micro beads to the body of the butterfly
with Tacky Tape for more texture.
This Mini Scrapbook will be the project
for the March scrapbooking class.

7 comments:

Scrapbookmama said...

OH my gosh that is super cute! I LOVE IT :)


-Ellie

Mary said...

wow! you are an amazing stamper - I love this purse and the elements you added to it

Paula said...

Oh no you didn't!!! So cute Kim. Now I will be forced to make something cute too! I love it, the colors the embellishments everything!

peata said...

very nice.
making mini albums
mini album blog

Lisa said...

WOW! Love the little book insert inside!

Kathy said...

Cute. cute!!!! Your projects are always so top-notch!

Sara said...

Kim, this looks so cute. I am thinking it may be "above" me but I may try this weekend!

01 09 10 view sourceprint?01 09 10 01 09 10 01 09 10