Monday, February 16, 2009

Another Card Challenge
I saw this sketch at
I bookmarked the site to go back later today.
I then went off to get my projects set for the SAB stamp camp.
I had a hard time coming up with a 3D project
that was not super involved. In going through my stash of stuff,
I found these gift bags. It was perfect for this sketch challenge.
Now all it needs is a gift card!


The flower is made from the Big Shot die - Flower Layers #3.
I curled the petals up or down around a watercolor paintbrush.
The center punches out on the die cut so I attached
a Flower Designer Brad through a 1" circle that is under
the first blue petal. There are 5 layers including the 1" circle.
There is adhesive between each layer.

I cut 2 pieces of DSP to fit the front of the bag.
I layered them and cut at an angle.
The ribbon is just attached over the cut line with adhesive.
I left the sentiment off as my customers like
to use these for different events than I design them for.

I thought this would make a great Easter Treat bag.

Here is the note card I made to go with the gift bag.
I made this in much the same way as the bag.
I did a flat embellishment so it would fit in the envelope.
I ran out of adhesive so this is put together with glue dots.
Good thing my order comes tomorrow!

Quick and cute!

Polka Dot Punches SAB set
Certainly Celery, Bashful blue, SAB DSP, Barely Banana, W. White
Punches used: 1/2", 1", 11/4", 13/8" SS Brads, flower Designer Brads
Certainly Celery Grosgrain 3/8", Celery Ribbon from SAB bundle

2 comments:

Karen Giron said...

What a fantastic idea to turn the sketch into a bag and note cards! Love it - thanks for playing along this week.

Piritta said...

Beutiful bag and good idea!

01 09 10 view sourceprint?01 09 10 01 09 10 01 09 10