Sunday, January 4, 2009

Birthday Projects - Ice Cream Spoon Card

Day 3
Sweet Treat Birthday Card
This card is one I have made for a swap. It uses the stamp set Goody Goody Gumdrops which is a 19 piece level 2 Hostess set in the Spring-Summer 2009 catalog. (The catalog will be available to order from Jan. 19th.)

This layout is modeled after a card I made at an upline event a few years ago. I made the envelope from vellum using the Mini Envelope Template. I stamped on the ice cream spoon with Classic Real Red ink. The cherry too! I punched the hole in the spoon with the Crop A Dile. Worked like a charm. I stamped on the Real Red background piece at an angle with Versamark using the word Celebrate from Celebrate Everything again. I used Itty Bitty Backgrounds on the Brilliant Blue strip to add texture. The ice cream is covered with 2way glue and Dazzling Diamond Glitter. I colored the glass with my Watercolor pencils and a blender pen.
Hmmm, I should have trimmed the ends of the Red Gingham before I took the picture. Oh well. Remember to trim your ribbon ends!
Edited to add: I replaced the picture with one where I trimmed the ends of the gingham. It bugged me. :)

1 comment:

Kathy said...

I love seeing your projects every day! What great ideas. Thanks for all the motivation.

01 09 10 view sourceprint?01 09 10 01 09 10 01 09 10