Thursday, January 29, 2009

Day 27
Party Favor
I got several dozen of these candle jars at Walmart
for 25c in the Christmas clearance.
They are about 4" tall. I thought these would be
great party favors for grown ups.
The butterfly is the smallest one from the Big Shot
SU Beautiful Butterflies Die Cut.
I layered 2 after die cutting them and running them
through the Big Shot using the Textured Plate kit #4.
Both are new in the current SS 2009 Catalog.
You can almost see the embossing form the texture plate.
It looks more like a shadow. IRL it looks WOW!
These will be so great for subtle backgrounds on cards!

After tying a section of retired silver cord around them;
I attached them with a dimensional.
I recommend glue dots but alas, I am all out.
My demo order goes in Feb. 1st!
I used a 12" x 2 3/4" Raspberry Tart paper for the belly band.
I punched the edge with the Scallop punch.
The phrase is from It's Your Birthday!
I stamped it repeatedly and layered that strip over the Raspberry Tart DSP.
The bow is Pretty in Pink and Vanilla Grosgrain ribbon.
This took all of 15 minutes to make.
You could easily make up a bunch for a luncheon or party.

2 comments:

Kathy said...

Oooh, beautiful butterflies.

Amy said...

I really should have bought that darn butterfly die. You sold me!

01 09 10 view sourceprint?01 09 10 01 09 10 01 09 10