Sunday, January 25, 2009

Day 25
Scraplings

These are very cute. They are a great way to use
your leftover scraps of card stock.
We all have those piling up in our scrap room. :)

They measure 1-1/4" to 2" wide by 4-1/4" to 5-1/2".
You can also use a piece 11" long and fold in half.


Look closely at the Celery piece. I used the Texture Plates Sizzix #4.
Rose Red, Certainly Celery, Whisper White CS, Misc SU markers,
RR Brads, Scallop Edge punch, magnet sheeting.

This is one I made into a bookmark.

I folded a scrap of 1 1/4" x 11" paper in half.
I punched the front edge with the Scallop punch.
I put magnets strips inside to hold it shut on a book page


This scrapling is just fun. I punched 3/4" squares
of DSP and layered them down the strip to look like quilt patches.
I used the piercing tool and mat pack to
mimic stitching around the edge.

Bashful Blue, Natural White CS, Misc. DSP,
Close to Cocoa & Rose Red Ink,
Pretty in Pink Grosgrain, jute, Horizontal punch,
retired 3/4" punch, Wide Oval punch, piercing tool and mat pack

This scrapling is suppose to resemble Redwork stitching.
I pierced a hole in the center heart, fed linen thread through
and tied a knot. The ends of the linen thread are taped to the back
of the white layer. I used the stamp A Ma Jig to line up
and stamped part of the phrase on this scrapling.

Real Red, Natural White CS, Real Red ink,
linen thread, retired stitched ribbon.

I then turned it into a card.
I am going to make a bunch of these up
to use up my pile of scraps.

I'll have some ready made Card Candy
(Oh that's another post!)
to put art on a card when I need a card in a hurry.

All images and phrases are from Quilt Quips
new in the 2009 SS Catalog.

1 comment:

Kathy said...

You've been a busy stamper this month! I love the cards and projects you've come up with. Very inspirational.

01 09 10 view sourceprint?01 09 10 01 09 10 01 09 10