Sunday, January 4, 2009

Birthday Projects - Top Note Gift Card Holder

Hi all Day 4 cupcake uploaded. A friend emailed me and said I should be putting something more than cupcakes on here. I am just making her crave cupcakes! lol So since I am only at Day 4, I will be putting a birthday project idea on for each day.

Day 1
Top Note gift Card Holder

Top Note Gift card holder Inside
How To Make the Gift Card Holder:
1. Fold a piece of cardstock (4.5" x 11") in half. Place in die so fold is below dotted line on one end of Top Note die. Run through the Big Shot.

2. Cut one Top Note die from Designer paper. Cut in half width wise.
Attach this inside Top Note die card (see Top Note inside picture). Apply glue only around edges. This will be the pocket for your gift card.

3. Stamp a scrap of red and blue with the word Celebrate from Celebrate Everything. Cut into strips for the candles. Attach to card front.

4. Using Summer Sun Ink on YoYo Yellow cardstock, stamp the outline petal from Pick A Petal for the flames. I have a great short cut with this stamp set. You use the large oval punch to punch the petal out. then trim the end to a point for the flame. It trims off a bit off the bottom of the image, but that's okay. I also drew a short line for the wick with Creamy Caramel. Attach to top of candles.

5. Stamp dots with Itty Bitty Backgrounds in Brilliant Blue on a scrap of white. Stamp this off once on junk paper before stamping on the white. It gives a softer hue of the same color. Stamp Birthday Greeting from It's Your Birthday! in Real Red over the blue dots. Punch out with large oval and sponge edge with Real Red. Attach to card.

6. Tie a length of Red Gingham ribbon around card front.

Insert gift card and it's ready to go. This idea would work great as a Thank You card also.

This is going to be really long if I do all 4 projects in one post.
I think I will do 4 seperate posts.

1 comment:

dancingwithstamps said...

VERY clever, Kim! You should be able to post to the Nimbees blog just like you would your own. I will double check to make sure you have access. If you do not hear from you... you're in! You can email me if you have any questions... I probably wouldn't be able to answer at 2:00am, he he. Love the gift card holder!

01 09 10 view sourceprint?01 09 10 01 09 10 01 09 10