Sunday, January 4, 2009

Birthday Projects - Cupcake Treat Basket

Day 4
Birthday Cupcake Treat Basket

It's a cupcake! LOL
How could I resist. I actually made this back when this set was on sale. I was inspired by this cupcake box on SCS by mm9772.
I stamped the frosting part of the cupcake image on one of the retired designer paper pieces from the hostess rewards in the Spring Summer 2008 catalog. I stapled 4 paper pieces together. I cut all four "frostings" at one time. For the brown cupcake paper I crimped the Close to Cocoa paper them cut to the desired shape.
I cut smaller base pieces out of white to attach the papers to. I cut the base of the cupcake longer, score and folded in into the center to form the bottom of the basket.
I set pink eyelets on all four side pieces to run the White Tafetta Ribbon through. This is to prevent the cardstock from tearing. I advise still being gentle when pulling the ribbon through the eyelets.
I punched large ovals out of the scraps and layers them with 3 birthday greetings from It's Your birthday! to hang from the ribbon bow. I cut a #2 Scallop circle with my Big Shot and attached to the bottom to add extra support. I would put a bag of treats in here rather than loose as the sides are open.
The handle is wheeled with the Cupcakes regular wheel. It actually pivots back and forth. When I set the eyelets with the Crop A Dile I didn't squeeze it totally shut, only about 3/4 of the way. That way the paper was not pinched and will pivot. I put white circles over the inside of the eyelets as they were rough to touch. This way I can get get lots of treats inside!

3 comments:

Paula said...

That is so cute Kim. I love all things cupcake.

Lisa said...

Seriously cute project!

Kathy said...

what genius to be able to pull all this together! Love it!

01 09 10 view sourceprint?01 09 10 01 09 10 01 09 10