Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Birthday Projects - Acetate Treat Box

Day 7
Acetate Treat Box

I found a few bags of black foil wrapped kisses in the Christmas clearance. They are the naughty bag of the naughty or nice kisses sold this Christmas. I was inspired to do an Over the Hill Treat box. Well it morphed into a treat for each year of life. There were a few more than 51 kisses so I had to eat the extra. Can't let chocolate go to waste, or is that waist? Hmmmm



I had to put a tube in the center of the box to fill some of the space so I could put just 51 kisses in there. (I'd make a smaller treat container next time. Mine is 3" x 3".) There is one kiss for each year of the birthday person's life.




I cut down a paper towel tube. I wrapped it in black CS. I didn't want brown cardboard peeking through the kisses. I then stuffed it with brown wrapping paper so it would not collapse. You're going to think I'm a Halloween fan. The accent paper looks orange. The colors used here are Real Red, Basic Black, and Whisper White. The ribbon is not SU. It's Your Birthday and the retired Tall Alphabet numbers set were used. I also used the Scallop Edge punch by SU. Love that punch!

This treat box is made using a sheet of acetate. I found them at the office supply store. These sheets are used for overhead projectors. Does anyone use overhead projectors anymore? You make the top and bottom sections out of cardstock. Score and fold the acetate. Then attach the acetate section to the bottom cardstock section with Tacky tape.
Here is one thread at SCS with the how tos for one type of this box
http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6828704#post6828704
I made my top the same as the bottom. I punched all four sides of the top section with the Scallop Edge punch before making the box shape. You can see when the white ribbon is untied the lid comes off the box.
Thanks for stopping by
Have a Stampolicious day!

2 comments:

Kathy said...

I love these acetate boxes! Love the colors that you used here.

Krista said...

Love that idea! What a great way to 'fill' it with the TP roll wrapped in CS! Now I'm going to have to save those too...

01 09 10 view sourceprint?01 09 10 01 09 10 01 09 10