Saturday, December 20, 2008

So I am at the final day to get my Christmas cards mailed out. Procrastination definitely needs to go on the resolution list for the New Year. I am doing brown paper with the Riding Hood Red striped grosgrain ribbon. A very rustic Christmas look this year. I will try to get a picture uploaded of presents. Hmm, need to get them wrapped!

These are the tags I made for packages this year. The container they are in is made with 6 scallop envelopes attached together. I placed a 4” scallop circle in the inside to reinforce the bottom. So far it has only held tags!


Close up of the tag.

Winter Post stamp set - Holiday Mini Catalog; Chocolate Chip, Reding Hood Red, and Creamy Caramel Inks; I used a generic tag for my base. I punched a 1" circle from Riding Hood Red paper to cover the dark circle at the top of the tag for both sides. I sponged the edges with Riding Hood Red ink, then parts of the edges again with Chocolate Chip ink to age. I dragged the Chocolate Chip ink pad across the tags to give them a more aged look. I did the same stamping on the back (Since my tags always end up backwards. lol) minus the December 25th embellishment. I layered the Designer punch shape on a 1 3/8" circle and a strip of kraft paper. I used the Ticket corner punch to mimic the Designer punch.

4 comments:

Pammybaby said...

Kim, this box is just the cutest! And I love your tags - they're beautiful! I still might need to hurry up and order that Winter Post set - it's gorgeous!

Paula said...

It's killing me that I didn't get that set. Especially when I see what you did with it here. So cute!

Kathy said...

I'm so glad that I already have this set - and these tags are gonna be perfect on all the last minute stuff!

Lisa said...

The box is a wow! Way to think outside of the "box" by making it a hexagon. Pretty tags. I am so glad I got that set.

01 09 10 view sourceprint?01 09 10 01 09 10 01 09 10