Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Santa Hat Light Covers

Well I think I got the problem corrected with the camera. I took the batteries out and let it sit. haha Hopefully the problem setting, erased itself. I'm still going through the book to see what I may have done wrong, but for now I was able to take new pictures.

I did a project for Christmas that never got onto the tree. So I am ahead for next year! I made Santa Hat Light Covers. These were inspired by Wendy Stamps. I cased her adorable Big Shot Witches Hat for a centerpiece at Halloween. I had them sitting on my stamp table to put away and laid red paper near them. Light bulb moment! I thought of Santa hats, at first just for another centerpiece but then I thought of the light covers.

I used:
Sizzix Big Shot Scallop Circle Die
Pennant Bigz XL Die - scallop circles
Real Red cardstock
White Pom Poms
Sticky Strip
Mini glue dots
Mono Multi adhesive
1/4" hole punch
1/2" punch

See Wendy's blog http://www.wendystamps.com/wendy_stamps/2008/09/sizzix-big-shot-witch-hat-ornament-tutorial.html for all the how tos. I punched out the top peak with the 1/2" punch and the light holes before I assembled the hats. The pom poms were put on last with the Mono.


One of the hats off the string of lights.

You can also see the bottom scallop circle from the Pennant Die.

I did wind them through a greenery branch to see how they will look .


All aglow . . . they really are prettier in real life.

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Kathy said...

This is such a cute project! I'm gonna have to put this one in my folder for next year.

01 09 10 view sourceprint?01 09 10 01 09 10 01 09 10